Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
I am having the same problem aswell. I also have a problem with cps2emu, but that is for another thread, am having problems with emulators. Will try to add the z80 clock parameters, was thinking to downgrade to v. 0.0.5-3 but will do the same to check... Just tried I can now open conf menu from the gui but looks like some small bug to define keys... Will test a game to check... Yes just tested, I have changed the keys on key def but they stayed the same as before, can we now have start key on Enter or any key we want? If not , not a big issue.
That's a lot of questions/remarks in one paragraph

About the parameters:
If you just install GnGeo using the application manager, all the parameters will be there. I don't know why people decide to choose to install some tar file they found elsewhere (besides historical reasons). Now GnGeo is only recommended in the GnGeo-gui deb install file, but perhaps I should have made it mandatory.

About the key definition:
I tested with that quite a lot lately and I have seen no issues. Are you very sure you press save in the main configuration screen after your key definition change? The message "your configuration has been saved successfully" should appear and then the change is saved. I know it is easy to forget to press save afterwards. The enter key definition is fixed a few releases ago.

Last edited by ade; 2011-12-21 at 10:06.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Yes, I was thinking the same, pearphs I forgot to hit save but, don't remember, will try again and report back... Just tested, it is working, my mistake, had forgotten to press save. I know you are doing a lot of things, but could I ask a couple more features? a pause button and a save state. Also there's a bug on the points counting in KOF series, even if I don't do 'perfects' etc, my points are higher than usual, but it is related to gngeo of corse, have you seen this?

You are asking things that are beyond a "simple" graphical interface around gngeo.

But some things can be achieved

- You want a pause button?
Just use The Universe Bios, and the coin button acts as pause button during gameplay.

- Save state
Neo Geo and the emulator GnGeo do support save states. I am asked for load and save during games and I see data is saved in ".nv" files. But I never saw resume options. Never looked at it closer. Anyone else knows more about this? There is no "save this instant and resume here later" option afaik.

- Point couting in KOF
Never payed attention to it, but I can't fix that anyway...

Originally Posted by ade View Post
You are asking things that are beyond a "simple" graphical interface around gngeo.

But some things can be achieved

- You want a pause button?
Just use The Universe Bios, and the coin button acts as pause button during gameplay.

- Save state
Neo Geo and the emulator GnGeo do support save states. I am asked for load and save during games and I see data is saved in ".nv" files. But I never saw resume options. Never looked at it closer. Anyone else knows more about this? There is no "save this instant and resume here later" option afaik.

- Point couting in KOF
Never payed attention to it, but I can't fix that anyway...
Thanks for answering all my questions.

Iīll try to see about the KOF issues on the web.

Does the current version already suport Universe bios? A pause but would be very useful, like a small save state if we want to do something else and go back to game later. I tought would be in the next version. Thank you for the added futures, it is now much better than XGnGeo. Congratulation for the app !

Save state I think would be possible, as mame does, just my guess. ... Have just saw the U bios compatibility, will look for this.

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2011-12-22 at 00:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post:
didn't follow the last posts? It gives info about the universe bios and can be chosen in the last version.

Yes I saw but forgot that. So whats in version ...6 ? Thank you.

I donīt see Uni bios option... I will test the effects feature, have never tested it.

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2011-12-22 at 00:51.

see post 276. Updated the first page without mentioning the version, corrected that.

Yes, Iīve saw that post before, but I think you said in version ...5 the uni bios is already supported, anyway I have just updated via app man, the message came out thirdy sw update, so I did, will test it right now.
Thank you again, still couldnīt fix my ps3 controller problem, will be awesome when I get it to work.

i have a problem; when i select the gngeo-gui icon, it doesnt start the app, and when i try to start it using x terminal give the error "segmentation fault" u_u

Let's do the regular checks from xterm:
Code:
dpkg --get-selections|egrep -i "pyside|python2.5"
And tell me the output

Start GnGeo-gui by typing
Code:
python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py
And give me possible error messages