Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Jolla are protecting them, trying to resolve the situation. The factory just want to make as much money as possible out of the situation. I'm quite sure who are the scum here. But keep blaming Jolla for everything - it's the easiest way.
Jolla = people powered
Chinese factory = money powered... I know who I would expect to tell the lies.
The factory are surely just trying to cut their losses, if jolla didn't pay them they would be the most out of pocket.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Jolla = people powered
Chinese factory = money powered... I know who I would expect to tell the lies.
Also - you have two sides here. One familiar that you have dealt with about 20 times before and every time they told you something it turned out to be a lie or half truth at best. On the other side you have someone you have never met before. Of whom you are going to be more suspicious?

Such is the price of countless "soons" and bad communication. Jolla may well be in the right here but who on earth will believe them after all these years?

It is still difficult to believe that ~$215 cannot cover the cost of manufacturing the tablets, while the design and s/w parts are already completed.

Taobao sells them for ~$180, so it clearly can. I think we have already concluded that the problem with the continuing production is not money but a broken down Jolla-factory relationship.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
At this Taobaofocus shop you can order them with Android or Sailfish (though sailfish is more expensive) - I'm posting a link to taobaofocus (an agent where you can place your order in English and who will ship worldwide - for a fee of course ... ) because of the automatic translation of the Chinese taobao (Google does as usual a 'decent' translation job :-) - very funny how Android is translated :-) )
http://shop.taobaofocus.com/item.php...#3135544144950

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Also - you have two sides here. One familiar that you have dealt with about 20 times before and every time they told you something it turned out to be a lie or half truth at best. On the other side you have someone you have never met before. Of whom you are going to be more suspicious?

Such is the price of countless "soons" and bad communication. Jolla may well be in the right here but who on earth will believe them after all these years?
I haven't seen any malcious information come out of Jolla, ever. All of their soons and delays have been clumsy attempts to mitigate bad news, because in all our desires to deal with an open company, we've shown time and time again that we can't handle the truth without throwing tantrums and accusing people of scamming.

Right now, Jolla are distributing a small number of tablets, claiming no more will be made, and promising to refund the backers, while these tablets are being sold on taobao. How else can you explain why Jolla can't just buy those tablets with the money they're going to refund?

I haven't seen any malcious information come out of Jolla, ever.
Please re-read my post. Actually you are welcome to re-read all my posts. I never said malicious. In fact I defended them whenever anyone accused them of anything malicious. All I said is that they are chronic liars who are not to be trusted. They may not even realize they do it. Or they may do it with good intentions. It does not matter. The fact remains that they have built themselves a reputation of someone whose any utterance is to be taken with extreme caution.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I haven't seen any malcious information come out of Jolla, ever. All of their soons and delays have been clumsy attempts to mitigate bad news, because in all our desires to deal with an open company, we've shown time and time again that we can't handle the truth without throwing tantrums and accusing people of scamming.

Right now, Jolla are distributing a small number of tablets, claiming no more will be made, and promising to refund the backers, while these tablets are being sold on taobao. How else can you explain why Jolla can't just buy those tablets with the money they're going to refund?
because it's money, resources, time and no one said that they would sell them those tablets.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I can only say WTH?

Why would it need to be shipped to Finland? SailfishOS for tablet is flashed in factory with a master eMMC chip getting copied to multiple and then assembled.
Yes, it sounds completely bogus from taobao sellers side.
Simo has sent some questions kind of interview to the OP.
Lets see if it clears up things when he answeres.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Please re-read my post. Actually you are welcome to re-read all my posts. I never said malicious. In fact I defended them whenever anyone accused them of anything malicious. All I said is that they are chronic liars who are not to be trusted. They may not even realize they do it. Or they may do it with good intentions. It does not matter. The fact remains that they have built themselves a reputation of someone whose any utterance is to be taken with extreme caution.
Then your English is faulty. If you accuse someone of being a liar, you imply that they are deceiving people with malicious intent. They may have been wrong, naive, or unable to live up to the promises we pressed them for, but I can't recall anything to brand them liars.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund