Why do people think 1.3 will be released? Hasn't MeeGo ended their development?

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
MeeGo development has not finished yet.

oh i just thought that because when i go to the meego website it wants you to go to tizen

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Meego actually has very few to do with Harmattan and the N9.
Harmattan is supported (a little) by nokia folks (ie not any more in the Tizen/Meego project)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
didnt nokia state/promise that they would support the n9 "for years"?

just got my phone a couple days ago and its so much better than my last phone (htc amaze). even with the downgraded specs. a few updates/polishes would make this phone perfect.

Originally Posted by stratax View Post
didnt nokia state/promise that they would support the n9 "for years"?

just got my phone a couple days ago and its so much better than my last phone (htc amaze). even with the downgraded specs. a few updates/polishes would make this phone perfect.
Did you upgrade your Amaze to ICS or were you only running Gingerbread? I thought that the Amaze was a little better than the Sensation, but both are "clunky" compared to the N9.

I was hanging on to my Sensation (the Amaze is gone) in case ICS made it suck significantly less. However, I was enjoying the WiFi tethering on the Sensation on T-Mobile. ICS breaks the free tether so I'm debating to update and see how it is or just ebay it now.

And yes, agreed, a few updates/polishes would make the N9 perfect.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Problem is nokia doesnt want to have a perfect n9 because the board i a bunch of idiots. PR 1.3 is the last. Harmattan team has left the building. And my guess is also that 808 is last symbian device.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
let's pray elop dies in a car crash
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N9WB View Post
Did you upgrade your Amaze to ICS or were you only running Gingerbread? I thought that the Amaze was a little better than the Sensation, but both are "clunky" compared to the N9.

I was hanging on to my Sensation (the Amaze is gone) in case ICS made it suck significantly less. However, I was enjoying the WiFi tethering on the Sensation on T-Mobile. ICS breaks the free tether so I'm debating to update and see how it is or just ebay it now.

And yes, agreed, a few updates/polishes would make the N9 perfect.
before i sold my amaze i promised i would try ICS before hand. i S-OFF'ed it and installed the ICS leak and i still didnt care for it. i just got tired of android un-stableness and the fragmentation. ive had sooo many android phones (mostly HTC), since the G1 days, and 1 WP7. ive had quite a few of the androids with dual cores and 1gb of ram and none of them ran as smooth as my n9
i had the sensation right before my amaze but i had screen issues and i hated how it always had low RAM, then i bought the amaze from someone on XDA and loved it for about a month then started hating it cause its so heavy and bulky lol, and the lcd panel made blacks look so crappy. the N9 is actually the first phone ive had with a amoled and im loving it, besides the blotches of "ink" (thats what it looks like) when looking at the screen in the dark.

didnt mean to take that off topic but yeah :P im very happy with my N9, much more than i thought. i also feel cool to be one of few in missouri with it, ive actually never seen a Nokia smartphone in my life besides my N9. they are pretty rare in the US, until the lumia series gets even bigger

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
let's pray elop dies in a car crash
That's not cool.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert