Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Thank you, Ovi version is veeery nice, worth buying it! Thanks for developing this app; chat implementation is not as good as i would like as it isn't so easy to manage a lot of conversations.... anyway, thank you very much!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

I still think the developer is an a-hole, but I bought his excellent application. I hope you're happy with your 2 dollars! IS IT WORTH YOUR HONOR!?!?!?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
Thank you, Ovi version is veeery nice, worth buying it! Thanks for developing this app; chat implementation is not as good as i would like as it isn't so easy to manage a lot of conversations.... anyway, thank you very much!
you can use the native n900 conversation for the chat

The Following User Says Thank You to niloy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I still think the developer is an a-hole, but I bought his excellent application. I hope you're happy with your 2 dollars! IS IT WORTH YOUR HONOR!?!?!?!
Why don't you chill out already. We should be glad some still keep developing quality software to our our over two years old platform.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Why don't you chill out already. We should be glad some still keep developing quality software to our our over two years old platform.
I respectfully disagree - we own a developers device, it is known to be buggy, it is out dated, and it does require tweaks to run properly. The profit margin the author is making off of N900 users (who he undoubtedly stood on the shoulders of giants with) is very minimal compared to Symbian ^3 and MeeGo ports. And the way the author released the beta for testing then disabled it was a total A-HOLE MOVE.

"Hey guys - test this for me and tell me if it works? Okay, what about now? Cool, try this. Great. Thanks a lot for helping me test my product and your feedback, now I am going to deactivate it and make you all pay $2 for it."

That guy is an a-hole. Damn fine application though, P.S. YOUR WELCOME FOR OUR [MAEMO COMMUNITY] FEEDBACK AND TESTING!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Well, that's true, but the app is nice enough and handles direct messaging, and I know, built-in facebook messanging is the better (It's even better than experimental Telepathy-KDE I use(d) in my Kubuntu Desktop Machine... jaja)
And that of 'using' us... nobody forced anyone to 'help' him testing his apps; he didn't actually invented that way of doing things. For example, I tried MS Office 2010 Beta and a couple days after beta version was out it stoppred workin: 'Beta is over' it said... so... I don't blame the programmer for that. (And BTW it was $20MXN in Ovi Sore which is slightly less than $2USD, jejejeje) (Karma: 3G not available in Mexico)
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I respectfully disagree - we own a developers device, it is known to be buggy, it is out dated, and it does require tweaks to run properly. The profit margin the author is making off of N900 users (who he undoubtedly stood on the shoulders of giants with) is very minimal compared to Symbian ^3 and MeeGo ports. And the way the author released the beta for testing then disabled it was a total A-HOLE MOVE.

"Hey guys - test this for me and tell me if it works? Okay, what about now? Cool, try this. Great. Thanks a lot for helping me test my product and your feedback, now I am going to deactivate it and make you all pay $2 for it."

That guy is an a-hole. Damn fine application though, P.S. YOUR WELCOME FOR OUR [MAEMO COMMUNITY] FEEDBACK AND TESTING!
i agree with you....remember this apps is depends on...

Code:
libqtm-11
Qtquickcompat
QtHotfix
if somehow these 3 element got an-upgrade & make fMobi problem can he(dev's) make a promise a upgrade of his apps will be free of charge??

facebook is developing every days...soon facebook will change its API again...these apps might be working at these moment but lets see when alter on if he can promise a free upgrade to his so called greats apps...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
i agree with you....remember this apps is depends on...

Code:
libqtm-11
Qtquickcompat
QtHotfix
if somehow these 3 element got an-upgrade & make fMobi problem can he(dev's) make a promise a upgrade of his apps will be free of charge??

facebook is developing every days...soon facebook will change its API again...these apps might be working at these moment but lets see when alter on if he can promise a free upgrade to his so called greats apps...
He might, he might now - the profit margin he will see is so small since this is a DEV community. AND HE USED US.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
can you please give the guy a break? though i didn't like the way the plug was pulled i still wouldn't bash him so much. just uninstall the app and do not buy it.
anyway, i'm not really that offended and do appreciate people who code for Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Stay calm people...

It's 2!!! ****ing €, so buy the application or let it!

Imho the program is totally worth the 2€ and the developer did a great job.

Tags
broken, dead horse, facebook client, freeriders, gimme gimme