Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
i suggest putting the glow effect just like when you press an icon in app menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
I'm on CSSU Testing 3.1
- After installing it, behavior of my screen changed:
It's supposed to switch off automatically after 30 seconds of idleness, but it only dims down halfway. When I touch it or pull the slider in that condition, it brightens up.
To acutally switch it off, I need to do it manually w/ power button or slider.
- I installed Theme Customizer, mainly for the purpose of making the web shortcuts on the desktop smaller, but then I decided to also enable its custom transitions, which are A LOT faster and enhance my experience with N900 by about 100%, so I'd really like to keep them.
Problem is, I want my apps to force-rotate, which I set in CSSU features config, but they don't.
I'm guessing it is because transitions.ini from Theme Customizer is used (as opposed to the system one), but on the other other hand, when calling up CSSU feature config, it says it will apply any changes in the setup to BOTH files, so forced rotation should be enabled in the theme transitions.ini as well, right?
Or, maybe there is a way to use the fast transitions in the CSSU fiel?
Thanks for any help, Ben

How can I get it to auto-switch off as usual?
Thanks, Ben

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2012-05-13 at 16:27.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Are u sure, the box "Automatically lock the screen" in the display settings is ticked?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hello,
I'm on CSSU Testing 3.1
- After installing it, behavior of my screen changed:
It's supposed to switch off automatically after 30 seconds of idleness, but it only dims down halfway. When I touch it or pull the slider in that condition, it brightens up.
To acutally switch it off, I need to do it manually w/ power button or slider.
I got same thing, but from very ancient times of CSSU, when there was only one branch. I have no idea what resulted in such effect - if it's CSSU or not (yet, I don't have any theme customizers, custom transitions or any other strange things), but I actually enjoy it - during long updates or any other longer operation, I don't need to switch screen on and off all the time - i just see results in dimmed screen. And, if I really want it totally disabled, i just use slider.

It's also not true, that it doesn't turn screen off at all - it does, but only after long time (few minutes of being dimmed). Strange, but actually usable.

BTW, on my second N900, I also have CSSU installed, and I didn't noticed such behavior. I also use same transitions.ini on both devices (copied from one to another), and generally, same programs. NFC WTF.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Are u sure, the box "Automatically lock the screen" in the display settings is ticked?
Yes, made sure before I posted it.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I got same thing, but from very ancient times of CSSU, when there was only one branch. I have no idea what resulted in such effect - if it's CSSU or not (yet, I don't have any theme customizers, custom transitions or any other strange things), but I actually enjoy it - during long updates or any other longer operation, I don't need to switch screen on and off all the time - i just see results in dimmed screen. And, if I really want it totally disabled, i just use slider.

It's also not true, that it doesn't turn screen off at all - it does, but only after long time (few minutes of being dimmed). Strange, but actually usable.

BTW, on my second N900, I also have CSSU installed, and I didn't noticed such behavior. I also use same transitions.ini on both devices (copied from one to another), and generally, same programs. NFC WTF.

/Estel
Actually, the screen issue is not exactly runinig my life either, I worry about it only because of battery life. You being the battery expert and all , do you think it's shortened considerably by this screen issue?
I'm not sure it's related to CSSU myself. I've had the problem posted in hardware for a week now and no response (neither in IRC). I'm just suspecting it because it started after the last CSSU update.
I wasn't implying the screen issue is related to the custom transitions though - I'm hoping these are 2 separate problems!
The problem with custom transitions, I think, is that I can't force rotate apps if I use them
What is NFC WTF?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
do you think it's shortened considerably by this screen issue?
It depends. In my case, it prevent me - in many situations - from lighting the screen to "normal" brightness and disabling it all over again (to check progress of update or whatsnot). But I've got habit of using slider (to disable screen&block input) as soon as I don't need it. Results may wary in Your case, especially, if You're used to leaving device "enabled" for autolock to trigger.

NFC WTF mean that I've no f*ckin clue what the f*ck absolutely no idea why it happens

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hi i requested this earlier too any chance of having seperate wallpapers for portrait and landscape and also portrait lock feature coming? Is that on its way??

Separate wallpapers are here already, check changelogs before asking.

As for lock working for either landscape or portrait, unfortunately, still haven't heard about plans of implementing it

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi i requested this earlier too any chance of having seperate wallpapers for portrait and landscape and also portrait lock feature coming? Is that on its way??
orientation lock is already implemented in the latest cssu release. well atleast for me!

Tags
cssu testing