Closed Thread
Most of us hoped that Jolla will be unlike and the OS will be open, colaboratively developed with community. We heard about the values, about respect to each other and so on.

In the end they treat an active community contributor very unfairly, to not say like a junk. I'm describing that on this webpage:

http://jollamoralstandards.blogspot....an-i-help.html

Comments welcome! Community and different opinions on this topic matter.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've read that blogpost.

I don't know what the situation is all about, but it's very sad if this is true...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
too bad you feel that way!
looks like this whole situation is one giant snake-pit, which i am going to stay out. but if you want to improve your situation, think about the goal you want to achieve and what is the best way to do this.
Look at the last question in the FAQ on that website and you will see the goal. Thank you!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Sounds like both parties are at error here.

Thomas shouldn't have reacted as badly as he did when you pointed out his mistake (not sure how trivial it was).

Filip, I don't think you should have been so sensitive as to raise the subject so publicly.

It sounds like all this would go away if there was a simple apology. Think people need to step back a bit here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I'd like to remind that the texts in the blog are only one person's view about the matter... I'm always wary when disputes like this occur and the other side of the dispute gets very vocal... We've been left with "one side of the coin", so to speak. I'm also sad that it seems there's no respect for the views of the other side of the dispute in the mailing list nor on the blog.
This should've been undertaken differently, now I only see malice and attempt to cause collateral damage by bringing this all to public, when clearly this should've been done at the personal level -or even in court, if it had to go to that.

In short I've no respect for the publication of this all -it has too much similarities with common smear campaigns, and this is no way to go when it comes to personal relations and dealing with disputes arisen within them.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hmm, don't get me wrong, I don't mean that your case is wrong, but

To my opinion it is not very mature to go public with these kind of accusations in forums like these. It is always so easy as an individual see failures/mistakes in companies actions/code of conduct, but you should always remember that an company policies and communication is totally different from that of an individual.

Maybe my view of matters is biased, but I have worked in much bigger company than Jolla, in a position in internal affairs problem solving our communications problems with customers. There are always aspects to improve in company level, but more often than not, the root cause of the problem was that the customer did not understand how to contact the company (which of course in the end is problem of the company) and usually ended up in delivering messages to different sources that eventually lead to mixed conclusions. ie. If I understood correctly, you have contacted Developer Care about a problem that happened in a personal level in a event outside of Jollas control. I bet 100€ there is no one in Developer Care that can do anything to help you with that. And it definitely sound like a wrong place to contact.

Also a company cannot usually take part in personal affairs of its employees. No matter if they are right or wrong. Yes, a general apology is always what they could have done. But you seriously cant expected that a company could publically go pointing finger to some employee or publically discuss his/hers matters. You can always do that (as you have done here), but companies generally can't. If you can't understand why not, then I am also betting 100€ that you are actually the one who is making this problem bigger here.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
They were trying to discuss technical matters regarding Sailfish on Google's own email system. Way to go.
Good action by one end to block this conversation.

setting bounce/block on his company's mailbox causing my technical e-mails to be returned (The error that the other server returned was: 554 5.7.1 <fklebczyk@gmail.com>: Sender address rejected: Blocked by this recipient). That employee e-mail was shown as an official Jolla contact in the source files connected with the open source parts of Sailfish OS (Mer+Nemo) as can be checked on Github.

They're a small company, they can't possibly help every individual if their problem is not all that important. And yeah, there's always 2 sides to a story!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
In conflict of this sort, it is always the fault of both.

If I were part of Jolla, I would have had much difficulties to deal with this. Their reaction was maybe not the greatest and maybe a bit late but they did consider your request. But as they decided to help, you refused the discussion and thought that one message would be enough to feed the discussion (see logs of one of last community meeting).
I think that was a deeply wrong decision and that killed any solution.

THP ignores you. That is maybe harsh, maybe well-deserved? But why do you think Jolla can decide who is right. Plus even for professionalism, should they force THP to talk to someone? That is very difficult. They probably have questioned him if some solution can be achieved. But if he doesn't want, what can they do? Fire him because he doesn't want to talk with one guy while he is much helpful for the vast majority?

At the end, it looks like it could only be either THP quit Jolla or you quit Jolla!

In general in those circumstances, especially as you want this to be a personal affairs, when you do not like someone, you get some distance and you forget about that person. When I am unhappy about one company, I stop buying stuff from them and ignore what they do.
But you prefer to remain in the loop and do as much destruction of Jolla as possible... That is bad, and especially for you because you keep thinking about that.

I believe you should get some distance and think about it after some months... Enjoy your life, your friends. And there is more than one cause to defend (= Other companies, ideas need supporters)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hmm, don't get me wrong, I don't mean that your case is wrong, but

To my opinion it is not very mature to go public with these kind of accusations in forums like these.
I've went public because they haven't shown any interest in the problem I've reported to Care.

If I understood correctly, you have contacted Developer Care about a problem that happened in a personal level in a event outside of Jollas control. I bet 100€ there is no one in Developer Care that can do anything to help you with that. And it definitely sound like a wrong place to contact.
First of all I think you haven't understood correctly, as the problem source is in the fact that someone from personal reasons cuts you off from some parts of company and information. Moreover in the ends tries to exclude you from a community event related with what company is doing, despite he is not even an organizer.

Also a company cannot usually take part in personal affairs of its employees. No matter if they are right or wrong.
I didn't expect for company to handle personal problem, I've expected that they will find a way to solve problem on professional level. See the steps that could have been done by Jolla in the About section of my website.

Please also read FAQ I would say it explains most of your concerns.

Thanks for opinion!

The Following User Says Thank You to fk_lx For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread