Active Topics

So after adding my gtalk and skype account I noticed all contacts were added without a way to hide ones I didn't want. I am going dread AIM and MSN once those plugins reach extras since there are a ton of contacts that I don't normally talk to or talk to often.

Is there a way to integrate only contacts I do want? I rather not delete all those other contacts and I want to avoid using another ac**** just for those contacts I do talk to often.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

ya I noticed that too and I would hate to have all my msn people showing up in phone book. There should be a way to list "phone only" contacts.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ By the swamp
Been wondering the same.

The MSN plugin pulled all my old contacts (old addresses of people I still chat with and addresses of people I haven't heard anything of for years) from the server, and despite removing them from the server they now haunt me in the contacts list, looking out of place due to having nothing to merge with... I've tried removing them, but they always come back and even uninstall-reinstall of the plugin does nothing. Hmm, I wonder where does the plugin keep its cache of contacts? Is there a common location for data like that in Maemo 5?

Laughing man: Please just cool down, stop for a while laughing, and get yourself a decent platform to work with! And, of course, learn the basics of sharing interactive space in the net.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
IIRC, there's a way to filter your view in the contacts application (via "groups") so that it shows only google talk contacts or only MSN contacts etc.

what you want sounds to me like the inverse functionality - filter those that do not have a gtalk/msn/... entry.

(or maybe it would be better to filter by phone number, as the contacts you want to see may well have MSN as well... it's unlikely though that you store phone numbers with hundreds of people from MSN you don't want to see in your phonebook ...)

brainstorm? or is it simple enough for an enhancement request?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
When you open the contacts application, you'll see all of your contacts. However, if you open the phone application, and choose "Select contact", you'll only see those contacts you can call.

Right now, that also includes some of your IM contacts, due to bug 5732. With that fixed, by properly detecting the capabilities of your IM contacts, you should only see the contacts who can actually accept voice calls.

In addition, I've just filed bug 6835 about having the phone's contact viewer let you filter by the type of call you want to make.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
Bugger! I only just realised this after all my MSN contacts were added from loading the plugin. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

I have my "phone" contacts in my SIM, but annoyingly if I select to show only the SIM contacts, it doesn't show the data that Hermes imported and associated with them.
If I sort by availability, things get a little better, I.E. all the SIM contacts keep their imported data and are listed together, but unfortunately the MSN contacts all get bunched to the top of the queue. It would be nice if they were at the bottom at least.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
ya I noticed that too and I would hate to have all my msn people showing up in phone book. There should be a way to list "phone only" contacts.
there is a way I think. my device is at service so can't test it.

hint: tap title bar when browsing contacts....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by Kurare View Post
Been wondering the same.

The MSN plugin pulled all my old contacts (old addresses of people I still chat with and addresses of people I haven't heard anything of for years) from the server, and despite removing them from the server they now haunt me in the contacts list, looking out of place due to having nothing to merge with... I've tried removing them, but they always come back and even uninstall-reinstall of the plugin does nothing. Hmm, I wonder where does the plugin keep its cache of contacts? Is there a common location for data like that in Maemo 5?
I was going to post this behavior, but now I know someone suffers from the same issue.

I really hate to delete a contact just to see it appear 5min later.

Last edited by lsolano; 2010-01-20 at 03:52.