Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by dave1010 View Post
I've just installed mplayer and the SiB front end and it plays videos downloaded from Vimeo using the greasemonkey download script above perfectly. My N900 is overclocked though, so I don't know how well they'll play on a non-overclocked N900.

Just about to try playing them in VLC...

Hope that helps someone.
thanks for this tip, i been able to play a series of other video files also with SiB.

On VLC app however I cannot even get it to start... maybe something i'm doing wrong.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by n9000 View Post
Is there any way to play videos from vimeo.com or does it use flash 10?
May not work for all videos, especially if the uploader does not allow it, but I found going to vimeo using Opera Mobile 11 redirects to vimeo.com/m and then clicking on a video lets you download it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maruzko For This Useful Post:
Bump.
Any news with vimeo playback, cutetube has an option for it but it seems broken.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Is this another case for an improved rtmpdump in our repositories?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
I never knew its there

That is a good start but rtmpdump alone is too complicated for this type of task imo, maybe someone can port get-flash-videos

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Vimeo access is broken in cuteTube due to a problem with the API access. I think vimeo are restricting access to the IP address that was used to register the API key. The actual code used for playback and download still works AFAIK, though I haven't tested it recently. The code retrieves the stream that is intended for the iPhone.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
What can we do to fix this? If you give me more details about the problem i can write them an e-mail but i guess you have already done that?

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I never knew its there

That is a good start but rtmpdump alone is too complicated for this type of task imo, maybe someone can port get-flash-videos
rtmpdump has always been in the repository, pretty much since Maemo5's inception. Here's the Debian version of get-flash-videos. It requires rtmpdump. The problem is that the version in the Fremantle repository is very old and works less and less well as time passes because it can't cope with newer media sources.

Having had a quick look at get-flash-videos, it seems quite similar to get_iplayer, which is also a cli rtmpdump client. And, it too is suffering from the ageing version of rtmpdump.

I have just installed Debian (squeeze) on my other HDD so if I can work out how to get scatchbox and other sdk items installed, I'll see what I can do about compiling v2.4 for the N900. Having used M$ "environments" (Office, VS, etc.) for so long it's very weird having to think for oneself. I have to say, so far, the online help is much more instructive than anything I've ever encountered from redmond (both better in the specifics of "do this:" and the whys and wherefores). Anyway - that's another tale! No promises - I'm a linux learner and very new to the penguin way of life!

I'd also vote to upgrade our ffmpeg to the bug-fixed v0.55, over our current v0.5 in order to better trans- or re-en-code (e.g. convert from "Main" to "Baseline" on device) to make content playable.
...but that's another matter!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: