Posts: 56 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Netherlands, Flevoland
Keeps running in the background, aslong the screen stays on.
When the screen turns off,Tweetian closes.

Also noticed left top corner minimize, and top right corner closes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hansie_k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Hansie_k View Post
Keeps running in the background, aslong the screen stays on.
When the screen turns off,Tweetian closes.
Currently it's the correct behavior.

Originally Posted by Hansie_k View Post
Also noticed left top corner minimize, and top right corner closes.
forgot to disable that after my last crash tests

wait for new update with constant running, background mode(without visible windows) and notifications

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Installed and discovered this recently on my N900, with the themefix and qt-*-compat packages so its happy. Am very happy to discover a nicely usable, pretty and smooth twitter app again (twimgo never quite felt ideal, though nice ui, too slow; witter was cool but lack of dev effort killed it with old twitter API/odd bugs occasional).

But three things I've noticed... Am on latest (1.8.2?) though initially 1.8.1 installed (if am right about .2 version):

1. it sometimes dies for no apparent reason. Mostly when its not the active app, but usually not til I've had it running in background for a while. I don't have it set to update that often but was wondering if that was cause, maybe if connection dropped when it tried?

2. I really want access to my twitter user lists, and see no way to do it in the app.

3. How do I exit the app properly? On main screen from startup.

3. I do like that pressing the tab buttons once switches to its screen and a second time updates to show new tweets on that screen

4. Issue: it always loads showing with the tweets .from the first time I ever started the app - do I need to clear cache/remove some files to fix that (ie. the cache never seems to get updated, or at least it forgets its loaded them before)? Or is it a known issue (one guy reported it before in earlier post on main non-harmattan, non-maemo thread I think).

Would be even more awesome to handle multiple accounts but not expecting that to ever come about from author comments.

Thanx, thanx!

With those developers the N900 will ever be my phone.

Originally Posted by jgbreezer View Post
But three things I've noticed... Am on latest (1.8.2?) though initially 1.8.1 installed (if am right about .2 version)
latest is "1.8.2" with extra "-maemoN" postfix.

1. it sometimes dies for no apparent reason. Mostly when its not the active app, but usually not til I've had it running in background for a while. I don't have it set to update that often but was wondering if that was cause, maybe if connection dropped when it tried?
That is main annoying bug, that prevents tweetian to become stable. unfortunately, it is not reproducable on my phone, so i can directly resolve it.

2. I really want access to my twitter user lists, and see no way to do it in the app.
Lists are not supported.

3. How do I exit the app properly? On main screen from startup.
Just click on top right corner on app at task switcher.

4. Issue: it always loads showing with the tweets .from the first time I ever started the app - do I need to clear cache/remove some files to fix that (ie. the cache never seems to get updated, or at least it forgets its loaded them before)? Or is it a known issue (one guy reported it before in earlier post on main non-harmattan, non-maemo thread I think).
This is caused by bug #1 you described, because of crash, tweetian cannot save tweets, for later use.

Would be even more awesome to handle multiple accounts but not expecting that to ever come about from author comments.
Dont think that this would be added.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
latest is "1.8.2" with extra "-maemoN" postfix.

That is main annoying bug, that prevents tweetian to become stable. unfortunately, it is not reproducable on my phone, so i can directly resolve it.

Lists are not supported.

Just click on top right corner on app at task switcher.

This is caused by bug #1 you described, because of crash, tweetian cannot save tweets, for later use.

Dont think that this would be added.
Thats odd it doesnt happen to u cos its so frustrating for me

Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
Thats odd it doesnt happen to u cos its so frustrating for me
i guess it caused by different installed application/mods/tweaks, or special versions of qt/system libs

If tweetian is crushing on your phone - please take a look at Rocket twitter client, may be it will work as expected

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
could it be because i am using cssu-thumb??

Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
could it be because i am using cssu-thumb??
may be, i cannot say for sure. I use only CSSU-Stable.

Tags
awesome, awesomeness, n900 apps, social, twitter