Notices

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
Err, they were edits to the wiki page, not code. But sure, if the documentation is on github, I could fight with that and try and get it on there.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
It now starts up without problems, thanks for restoring that.
I can't tell if your initial fix works, because I have not encountered that situation.

But I do have the issue that reminders are not synchronized from google calendar. It is set to zero minutes in advance, while I set to (for example) 55 minutes in advance. It has worked correctly in the past for a while (is not related to your changes).

Does someone has the same issue or a clue what may cause this?
I'm also having this issue: All Google reminders are being synced as zero minutes in advance alarms. I've played around in erminig_core.py in getNewEventsFromGoogle() and tried to set a hard-coded alarm of 15 minutes in advance but just couldn't get it to work.
Maybe the underlying C-API doesn't set it correctly?

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi everybody,
This is a last chance message for Eminig-NG for me. Because, right now, I have too many problems by using this software.

Erminig-NG worked a bit for some time, with my own GCalendar (sync in both ways), and my wife's one (sync only from Google to my N900).

Few days ago, I created new calendar in Google, and I added it to Erminig. And now, the whole configuration is broken, my new calendar doesn't sync at all (events were created on Google), and even on my own calendar, sync only works from the N900 to Google and not on the other way.

If someone can provide me a fix, I take it, and if not, I'll remove Erminig, and use only one calendar using MFE.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
This thread hasn't been very active now, has it? I'm wondering whether this very usefull app is still in development.

I've posted a trace file a few pages ago, and the weird thing is, I only get that error when I'm connected to wifi. I just synced using 3.5G flawlessly (allthough for some reason a 2 year old calander that I had deleted a long time ago re-appeared making me wonder why Google kept that data). But I can not get it working for wifi. And since I'm on a wifi connection far more often this is an annoying bug for me.

This is the post I previously made:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=573
On this page:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40408&page=58

lorelei, thank you very much for this brilliant piece of work

The Following User Says Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ostrava, Czech republic
Hello guys, I agree that this is very usefull application and it is very sad that development is sleeping, because I am facing bugs as well. Every morning when I have set automatic synchronization with my Google Apps account I am getting error - strange is, that actualization more - less working, so thanks god for it.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I have given up on Erminig-NG some months ago. Somehow it no longer synced reminders with my google calendar and I could not find the cause. Trying to cleanup only resulted in double entries.

I decided to give Syncevolution a try and never looked back.
It is said Syncevolution has some trouble with big volumes (initial sync gave some warnings), but I am no heavy user and it does it job without issues for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I am little bit afraid from Syncevolution. I am tried it approx. year ago and only result was my totaly corrupted contact on phone

Originally Posted by corwin78 View Post
I am little bit afraid from Syncevolution. I am tried it approx. year ago and only result was my totaly corrupted contact on phone
I must add I only use it for calendar sync. I never used it for syncing contacts.

But I think it has seen improvements since a year ago and you could leave out a contact synchronization. Erminig-NG is not maintained currently, so don't expect fixes there any time soon.

You are probably right, that it can be used only for calendar syncing. Can you please past here yours Syncevoution configuration? I will try it. Thanks.

Syncevolution has a very simple graphical wizard for defining a new service. Just try that first I would say.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization