Active Topics

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

Second, Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.
That's just your hatred for the man, right there. A lot of his rover leaks were dead on, and he was the only one who got anything right. I'm amazed at all the hate he's been getting here, but his intel is better than anyone else's, as far as what I've seen.

Maybe the man isn't all that likeable for some, but he has connections.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.
Out of curiosity, when has he been wrong? Most of the things I've heard in the past he has been right. I can't really recall him making a mistake...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Personally I give rats about having a 'niche' device. As long as it is open enough to do things with and TO it that is all I need.
Feeling pretty comfy in my niche - Fxxx the majority.
Fact is nokia makes the best hardware so I'd like to stay with it.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-05-26 at 00:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
First he said the N9 will be dropped, now that we've seen the leaks he claims for funny low production numbers. Three month from now he will say that the handset is full of bugs and not ready for market. How can you even predict production numbers ? Do they break the molds when 92,000 has reached ?

Nokia has like 20000000 models, it's not like it's the first time they'd end a production run to make something else at the same factory. As to the source, it seems to me like his contacts are closer to the production sites than Nokia management. That could mean he'll get fingers on prototypes without knowing what they really intend to do with them, or that he'd be able to get info on things like how many screens ordered, etc.

Also, I don't mind being in a niche except that I know niches get left behind all the time.

Last edited by volt; 2011-05-25 at 23:52.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
As unfortunate for many of you and sad as it may seem, that number is an accurate estimate.

The Dali is aimed at developers. The Lankku is the consumer slate. Anything non-WP7 has taken an extremely, extremely low priority. MeeGo is going to sit under a heat lamp in the back while WP7 is put on main display.
I'm with you. When I saw that number my first thought was, How many N900s were made? I bet that there weren't that many made.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Do we know how many N900's were made/sold??
Unfortunately, not. The closest we ever got from an estimate was when Gartner reported only 100,000 devices would have been sold in 5 months, but then someone at Nokia said it was actually 100,000 in 5 _weeks_, not months.

http://www.allaboutmeego.com/news/it...s-100000_i.php

That's probably because we forum users had three each on preorder, and bought up the whole production stock - they ALL sold out in less than 5 weeks!

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
No, it should be 92,304. Or may be not? Where does that number come from anyway?