Notices

Poll: Is this thread useful ?
Poll Options
Is this thread useful ?

Why is there not a "No" option in the poll?
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
Because there already is a proper place (http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/) for such comments. The place where the application developers look to see problems and comments from testers is not here and working in the proper place influences what gets promoted to extras and when.

Encouraging people to post stuff here instead of the proper place is a waste of time, may hinder the development of apps and will hinder promotion into extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
I am trying to do something good here ... still, why do people have to oppose the idea so much .. im sure it would have helped a lot of people by now ..

there is a 'Not really' option available in the poll to relieve your thirst ..

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
I'd hardly say irreco-for-n900 works perfectly.

DrNokSnes works perfectly for me except for the sound issues in Final Fantasy III.
________
The Championship By Lexus Specifications

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:19.

Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
I'd hardly say irreco-for-n900 works perfectly.
What problems are you experiencing ?

Im not being lazy or anything, but i think this thread would be even better, if you could slowly put links in where the aps name are (or the link next to the app.) Just slowly update it in your own time.

I stuggle to find some apps, but i think the links are worth it anyway, this is a great thread!

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
I am trying to do something good here ... still, why do people have to oppose the idea so much .. im sure it would have helped a lot of people by now
But not nearly as helpful to the developers (and ultimately themselves) as posting in the comments section of the QA queue for the individual app and voting accordingly there. The vast majority of developers will never see this thread or never notice a comment about their app in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
DrNokSnes works perfectly for me except for the sound issues in Final Fantasy III.
Updated the first post .. ! Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Im not being lazy or anything, but i think this thread would be even better, if you could slowly put links in where the aps name are (or the link next to the app.) Just slowly update it in your own time.

I stuggle to find some apps, but i think the links are worth it anyway, this is a great thread!
Which links are you talking about .. If you are interested in downloading these apps, they can be easily downloaded and installed using the App Manager in the N900 ..

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
But not nearly as helpful to the developers (and ultimately themselves) as posting in the comments section of the QA queue for the individual app and voting accordingly there. The vast majority of developers will never see this thread or never notice a comment about their app in it.
I have put up a link to the QA Repository in the first post now, so people can post there as well ... Like I have said several times before now, the purpose of this thread is to provide a quick overview for a certain application to the user ... ! I bet 80% of the people here dont even know about the Repository area ... ! Don't get me wrong though; I am not saying that the Repository is a bad idea. I'm just saying that its harder to retrieve information from there, thats all ! And for this reason I have made this thread ... I surely hope that this answers all such what-is-the-purpose-of-this-thread-questions ..

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
I am trying to do something good here ... still, why do people have to oppose the idea so much .. im sure it would have helped a lot of people by now ..

there is a 'Not really' option available in the poll to relieve your thirst ..
yes, I respect the idea, but
  • it is about the same work than testing
  • this doesn't get software to extras
  • extras-testing karma is more thorough indication about state of a program than one guys opinion after short test

which part from the words
double work
you dont understand? you could do something better with your time that helps much more than updating application statuses here. and it will be useful to everybody, even those who doesn't want to touch testing...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:

Tags
apps, thread considered harmful, why???