hello tableteers! i'm having a hard time with the garnet virtual machine as of late. whenever i try to install something an error message saying "can't connect to GVM. (error 0x30040000)" comes up..

i'm mainly installing my old skyscape apps (i'm a medical student) by putting the .pdb and .prc files in the memory card an then using the install button.. im on diablo by the way.

after installing 2-3 programs the error message always comes up. sometimes the app i'm trying to install doesn't appear until the next reboot. on other times i need to restart gvm several times to recover my apps. if i'm extra unlucky it wipes out the whole GVM app list!

am i doing something wrong? is there a specific order in which to install apps? prc first then pdb? or should i use hotsync instead?

thanks in advance! the n800 is proving to be an excellent doctor's pda!

This error message happens to me all the time when I install apps on GVM. Whenever I see the message, I exit out of GVM and then rerun it. I have found that if you stay in GVM after you see this message, then many times GVM will definitely wipe out all your apps after running one of them. GVM is still a bit fragile and hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

hey i think i found a fix for this error just now!

what happened was, i was installing my 5th skyscape app when the error appeared and froze my gvm. after a reboot i found all my apps gone so i decided to reformat the virtual memory (64mb). i installed the 1st app without a hitch but instead of closing the emulated palm window, i just switched to the gvm window (leaving the emulator running) i then installed app after app without any error!

i have successfully installed 10 skyscape apps, 3 freeware apps and 4 games!!! and the installation was so snappy that the "app successfully installed" dialog appeared in less than second after pressing install!

try it out guys and tell me if this works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazuli For This Useful Post:
Wow good find! I'll try it out. Thanks for that useful info!!

no problem! i installed 3 other applications and i didn't encounter the error anymore

i just think the palm os emulator is under appreciated.. it more than makes up for the NIT's lack of GAMES and apps (mathlib works now).. please guys, check it out!

http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/

Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
no problem! i installed 3 other applications and i didn't encounter the error anymore
Yes I just tested it and that works great for me too....very fast and easy!

i just think the palm os emulator is under appreciated.. it more than makes up for the NIT's lack of GAMES and apps (mathlib works now).. please guys, check it out!
I totally agree. Though not everything works yet, what does is great. I can't wait to see what the next release will be like.