Notices

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
The problem is not memory consumption, but the cpu one! As soon as cpu usage goes high, radio hangs and you gotta restart radio. Another reason was that QWidgets were not born for mobiles, where you can rotate device orientation, so rotating UI where there are complex elements require relayouting the whole UI, which is not that easy task. QML instead is another thing.
Then put Landscape and Portrait in option, add message saying you need to restart radio to change orientation, save preferences and next time radio is started it will load in particular orientation.

I guess some app used flow layout to change the layouts between portrait and landscape (which is definitely harder as per my experience as well) and some other app probably used multiple controls (elements are designed fro two views separately, show one that is useable in current view while hiding other). In my case (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=nepcal check the screenshots, its not autoflow or hiding something but repositioning based on orientation of hildon-menu at startup), I used hardcoded positions (pixels), these values has different values in terms of positions and size depending upon current layout. Or maybe even design two separate UI and load one according to preference.

I am not good at those things, take those suggestions as one from noobs. I might be missing lots of issues that may arise while implementing those values.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Any plans to implement sleep timer? (I searched the thread for sleep, I can't see any result). I am sure I can do killall qradio or similar with alarmed but that is likely to create problem with mic routing things.

I'm using a script to fix the mic routing, it can be found in the /opt/qradio dir. You may call it when killing the process .

I have chosen to abandon this project (QWidget based) to focus on QMLRadio (QML based). You may find an alpha version for fremantle here. Will have to use workarounds again as for QRadio to fix all those QRadioTuner bugs.

I may add sleep timer on the qml version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
so the required command line to kill qradio using Alarmed is:

Code:
killall -9 qradio
/opt/qradio/restoremicrophones.sh
is that correct? I am not good at command line so would love to get confirmation from anyone?

While running qml version its all blank black screen, probably some dependency has not been listed. When can we see that app in maemo repository?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
I have chosen to abandon this project (QWidget based) to focus on QMLRadio (QML based). You may find an alpha version for fremantle here. Will have to use workarounds again as for QRadio to fix all those QRadioTuner bugs.
Unfortunately it starts to the black empty screen?
Hope you continue to support Fremantle as well

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Unfortunately it starts to the black empty screen?
Hope you continue to support Fremantle as well
You need to have Qt Components by Nean and latest CSSU installed, otherwise there is black screen for QMLRadio.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
You need to have Qt Components by Nean and latest CSSU installed, otherwise there is black screen for QMLRadio.
Thanks, installed qt-components from extras-testing and now it starts up and works. The orientation is vice-versa - in landscape portrait and when turned to portrait, then it turns into landscape, but upside-down. Also the text is missing from the buttons. And microphone got muted afterwards. But as stated, it is alpha...

Last edited by acrux; 2012-04-05 at 08:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Qml version looks awesome except:
-There is no Speaker option (instead of playing in headphone)
-The Start and Stop radio menu seems to do nothing.
-The icons for forward, next etc are all empty red blocks of varying size.

I am wondering what is second screen (after horizontal swipe) is for!

Thanks, hope you will continue to support n900 version well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
what is the QT Components packagename, i couldn't find it

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
what is the QT Components packagename, i couldn't find it
qt-components-10

You can find more infos about it here.

@Joseph9560: Second screen is for saved stations, the tool icon in the bottom is used to save stations. The problem with missing icons is due to the inverted theme of QtComponents not having many icons. I'm abandoning the idea of having same qml files for Maemo and Harmattan and I'm rewriting my projects to have mixed elements (platform specifics and common ones) with a more modular plugins system.