Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I haven't been following this thoroughly but I've a suggestion; why not make a .conf file that contains the script that fixes the configurations as you desire and add them to /etc/init/apps/

That way it'll start at every boot-up...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qspb View Post
Sometime ago I investigated capabilities of wi-fi chip built in my N9 using iw utility (I downloaded .deb file from Launchpad.net for Armel architecture)...
Doh! I couldn't find this .deb on Launchpad.net, does anyone have a link to the .deb? Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 3sigma View Post
That's true, regulatory domain resets each reboot. You can use package for maemo from here. Maybe Schturman will add this stuff to N9QTweak to system start. Or we should "go deeper" (perhaps it's somewhere in /etc/osso-*).
Package iw : File '/usr/sbin/iw' not in digsigsums --warning No digsigsums file.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Says invalid package? Is there some instruction how to get it installed?

My config also shows 2.4 Ghz only. And I miss wifi at college as the N9 doesn't show it.
My device is singaporean variant.
I'd be delighted if a fix for this comes up.

thedead pls make the configs for autostart if you can.

I have no problems at this point at all ... My N9 can use 5ghz networks , tried with an airport-extreme .

N9's wifi is **** due to its weak antenna and/or case design .

Maybe somebody can confirm this H-E-N9 USB hostmode http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4610 also working on n9.

This is a bug that I already reported in December 2011 Bug 378

The N9's WiFi will not connect to a Wireless-A only mode network IF there's a SIM card in your phone. The only work around I use is to first remove the SIM card. Reboot, connect to the Wireless-A mode network. Insert my SIM. - Do note though that if you leave that network or reboot your phone, you have to do the same process to get Wireless A network again. Such a tedious process, I just connect to my Wireless-N network and leave it be.

This bug's status has since been 'assigned', but Nokia has since abandoned N9

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2013-03-07 at 08:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
This is a bug that I already reported in December 2011 Bug 378

The N9's WiFi will not connect to a Wireless-A only mode network IF there's a SIM card in your phone. The only work around I use is to first remove the SIM card. Reboot, connect to the Wireless-A mode network. Insert my SIM. - Do note though that if you leave that network or reboot your phone, you have to do the same process to get Wireless A network again. Such a tedious process, I just connect to my Wireless-N network and leave it be.

This bug's status has since been 'assigned', but Nokia has since abandoned N9
That's a very important revealation. Could we use this process somehow automated for a temporary workaround?

I've seen the Joikuspot hotspot app has an option to set Network Class to A. Just wondering if N9 is so touchy about class A, will it itself be able to generate class A hotspot?
Or setting that option could have some effect on its behaviour?

I finally solved this issue of Wireless A only limitation!

I was so frustrated I was expecting that I wont experience the same thing on my Nokia Lumia 920. But ALAS, the L920 won't also detect my Wireless A (5GHz) only SSID!!

I started to tinker the settings of my wireless routers. I set my wireless router (Cisco/Linksys E3000 and E4200's 5GHz) to use Channel 161 (5.805GHz). The phones can detect my SSID, and presto! It's now connected to my wireless A setup even with the SIM cards in the phones when I turn them on!!

Wireless A (5GHz) detected and connected!

Note: I am using a third party firmware, which is Tomato. Country region set to Singapore; Forget channels 36 to 64. They just wont work! Channels 149 to 165 works on both my two Nokia N9's and my Lumia 920

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2013-03-31 at 02:50.