Notices

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I have this current setup on my Nokia N810:
Dual Booting Maemo Diablo and Maemo Diablo (I used console tools to clone it to the internal memory card, 800 MB)
400MB Swap Area on Internal Memory Card
800MB FAT32 on Internal Memory Card
8GB on External Memory Card (MicroSD via adapter)
Internal 256 NAND memory (The preinstalled one)

I have run out of space cause I have alot of music (my brother just bought a zune with tons of space so I'm probably going to get alot more). So I'm trying to use a symbolic link to link to this external HDD I have lying around. It's 120GB and is self powered through a plug. It works fine and stuff.

(I'm running the Maemo Diablo off the internal memory. I don't use the original maemo unless I need some recovery or something)

Anyways I put the symbolic link in my MyDocs folder and named it 'External'. It links to my HDD on /media/usb/sdb2/Music/External.
But I can't get Canola to recognize it. Is there a way to make canola read the system memory? I kinda don't want to have to reflash my device to all EXT3 on the internal (not like I can access it anyways... <_<)
Thanks,
Mgamerz

I wrote up this:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=125&atid=1989

Tags
canola, external, hdd, links, symbolic