Notices

This morning I saw from a website that FireFox 4 BETA has been released.

I was using a older version of FireFox Mobile on my N900. It worked fine except video in some websites could not play and asked me to upgrade the Flash Player; and I could not figure out how to upgrade the Flash Player to get those videos play.

I thought new FireFox 4 might be the answer so I installed it from FireFox official website.

Since I installed FireFox 4, I am unable to open one single website properly. Sometimes, I luckily loaded partial content and the status bar indicated it kept loading; and kept loading forever.

I have to change back to use the N900 default browser now.

Anyone who could help me to install older version FireFox Mobile back?

TC

FireFox 4 BETA works just fine for me, i think you have other problems whid your n900

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
It worked fine for me too, I just preferred the older one so I switched back - Beta 4 doesn't allow add ons yet. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled the old one from the .deb I had on my PC hard drive.

I think you can get it from here:-
http://store.ovi.com/content/26002?c...a=applications

Yes The fireforx 4 Beta 1 works perfectly fine .. i am able to load all websites ... just like in the older version

Just note that dont install the Beta 2 version ( Its really buggy , and wont load any webpage ... and its incredibly slow ) only the Beta 1 is officially released ..

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
WOW!!! LET"S USE CAPS LETTERS.cause it's so hard to uninstall program from uninstall section, and than just to intall the old one from repos or isntall using apt-get the specific version. you know what, i don't use ff on n900, but now just cause of that topic i'm gonna install last version!!!

--------
keep the forum clean, there are firefox 4 and firefox threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Firefox 4 is so slow, especially the interface and the boot up. It also takes to many ressources, for me it seems that there are some huge bottlenecks in memory access. I like Firefox very well, but for me it's not an application I prefer (on the N900). The newest Opera browser is a lot faster and even for an open source developer like me the proprietary development the Opera team prefers is acceptable because of the benefits this browser gives. And of course: I'm not in contact with Opera and I'm using Firefox on my Mac, so this is not an "ad" for Opera, just a hint that y'all should give it a try!

Zogg:
Giant Whisky on the rocks? :-P

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
WOW!!! LET"S USE CAPS LETTERS.cause it's so hard to uninstall program from uninstall section, and than just to intall the old one from repos or isntall using apt-get the specific version. you know what, i don't use ff on n900, but now just cause of that topic i'm gonna install last version!!!

--------
keep the forum clean, there are firefox 4 and firefox threads.
When I first joined this forum nearly a year ago, it was this sort of reply that made me feel alienated and that it was a hostile forum for anyone but geeks and experts - I think it's better to look at the OP's join date and post count and guide them politely to the search rather that snap at them...they may stay around longer and become developers (god knows we need as many as possible), rather than leave in a huff of indignation as I was tempted to do.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
When I first joined this forum nearly a year ago, it was this sort of reply that made me feel alienated and that it was a hostile forum for anyone but geeks and experts - I think it's better to look at the OP's join date and post count and guide them politely to the search rather that snap at them...they may stay around longer and become developers (god knows we need as many as possible), rather than leave in a huff of indignation as I was tempted to do.
maybe it's true, but from my logic the person on this forum, even he is new here, aware of internet and search thing. and i still can't get it - as to make a post takes more time than search - but still most people don't bother as in their heads it's easier to start topic.
And i'm pretty sure the developer would report the bug if there were any problem and would be aware of getting back to previous version. i'm not long enuf here, but once it was interesting to read forum and topics, and nowdays i mostly just log in and watch last activies and as see nothing interesting there i log off. as well didn't you think that some devs are tierd of this and can leave for same reason?

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
maybe it's true, but from my logic the person on this forum, even he is new here, aware of internet and search thing. and i still can't get it - as to make a post takes more time than search - but still most people don't bother as in their heads it's easier to start topic.
And i'm pretty sure the developer would report the bug if there were any problem and would be aware of getting back to previous version. i'm not long enuf here, but once it was interesting to read forum and topics, and nowdays i mostly just log in and watch last activies and as see nothing interesting there i log off. as well didn't you think that some devs are tierd of this and can leave for same reason?
Just nonsense. If everyone (or at least more than 50%) stayed on topic, there would be no problems. The snapping above serves two purposes. it alianates and makes the thread go off topic.

Hi,

I had a very similar (maybe the same) problem after I flashed my N900 with PR1.3. My solution was to enable plugins in Firefox 4 Mobile Beta 1. The older builds weren't as picky with flash content but FF4B1 seems to be unable to open pages with flash content at all when the plugin is disabled.

Anyway you must enable plugins by entering about:config to the address bar. Search for "plugins" in the config page (without the quotation marks) and mark dom.ipc.plugins.enabled as true. Restart Firefox and you should now be able to load up pages...

Tags
douchebaggery, jump the shark