Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
What can be the perceived performance when using applications that send dbus messages or execute shell commands? These should be using different TTYs, right?
And what about daemons running in background?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
I'm not sayinh you're wrong, Ignacius, you really seem to know what you're talking about. I'm not skilled enought to understand/discuss this, just using an empiric aproach. It take less time to install it and refute than to discuss.
Ignacius is absolutely correct. This wont make any difference in typical point and click usage for exactly the reason given. Whilst an empiric approach is cool simply because it's a good way to learn, there are times where it is indeed better to discuss than to try. Although I'm just a stranger from the internet, I've been smacking my head against this whole Unix thing for near on 2 decades, I do feel this is one of those times that it's better to understand why it wont make a difference than to try and see if it does.

: )

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this approach, but it won't give us any boost.

If someone in here could just point me out the links to the maemo kernel compilation guide (got a shitty mouse in herer) I'm gonna compile the newest power kernel and the standard kernel with the mighty quickness patch and pubish it in here, if there's some interest.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to champus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by champus View Post

If someone in here could just point me out the links to the maemo kernel compilation guide (got a shitty mouse in herer) I'm gonna compile the newest power kernel and the standard kernel with the mighty quickness patch and pubish it in here, if there's some interest.
You have my interest.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Also I don't understand this patch it is working great and when in x-terminal!

Originally Posted by champus View Post

Do it ,we r waiting.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
Ignacius is absolutely correct. This wont make any difference in typical point and click usage for exactly the reason given. Whilst an empiric approach is cool simply because it's a good way to learn, there are times where it is indeed better to discuss than to try. Although I'm just a stranger from the internet, I've been smacking my head against this whole Unix thing for near on 2 decades, I do feel this is one of those times that it's better to understand why it wont make a difference than to try and see if it does.

: )
Yes, I tryed it for a while and it really makes no difference.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
What you describe in this thread is already used by Maemo.

Have a look at /usr/share/policy/etc/current/syspart.conf, which is a configuration file (most probably) for the ohmd daemon, which seems to do what you already want.

cgroups are mounted under /cgroups, so go there to see what's going on.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china