Active Topics

i Just got a international Nokia n9 and for some rseason there is not a options for USA, is ther anyway i can change that or download a new software and put it on the phone so that i can get a USA options.

What USA options do you need? I've used my N9 while visiting the US with no problems (on T-mobile).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigfatdeal For This Useful Post:
Both language, dictionary are available in English - USA, only thing that does not work in USA is the wifi-hotspot, there is a workaround and app available in market for that. And also another is OVI Music to stream a radio thru it just check for UK I have never bought music thru it so no clue if any trade would work.
Other than that it works great.

^^ What is the name of the app in the store? I tried to use Quick Tweak but it didn't solve my wifi hotspot issue.
Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
First issue is that, when i boot on the device is says that the devie has a unknown issue, and that it may need to be reflashed, and then i have to power it on again in order to get into the operating system.

Also iam unable to use the second camera on the device, also why is the backround black, is there a way to change it.

I have been wanting this phone once it had come out, theres is just a few things i want to adress.

Also is it me or is it when ever i buy a nokia phone like the Nokia n76 n97 , any unlocked nokia phone the calls seem to drop alot, even when i bought the nokia n8 it was the same issue.

Nokia should of kept this instead of going with windows, it is so better and alot more polished.

Last, what is this thing about using android apps on the meego OS, is this still being worked on or has it been done

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by JustTech View Post
First issue is that, when i boot on the device is says that the devie has a unknown issue, and that it may need to be reflashed, and then i have to power it on again in order to get into the operating system.
Then reflash your N9.

Also iam unable to use the second camera on the device, also why is the backround black, is there a way to change it.
Do you mean front facing camera or commonly referred to as ffc?

There are apps in the store for that.

To change the background there are directions everywhere in this forum.

I have been wanting this phone once it had come out, theres is just a few things i want to adress
it's spelled address.

Also is it me or is it when ever i buy a nokia phone like the Nokia n76 n97 , any unlocked nokia phone the calls seem to drop alot, even when i bought the nokia n8 it was the same issue.
Only the N9 has had this issue with me, though calls rarely drop for me.

Nokia should of kept this instead of going with windows, it is so better and alot more polished.
You're preaching to the choir.

Last, what is this thing about using android apps on the meego OS, is this still being worked on or has it been done
Supposedly being worked on, but don't hold your breath.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

the only thing that isnt for the us on the phone is the music store, which is annoying. good thing i dont buy music online

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
the only thing that isnt for the us on the phone is the music store, which is annoying. good thing i dont buy music online
You can technically delete that...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
You can technically delete that...
the music store? i dont mind it, its just weird how there isnt US, only UK i can select and the others are even further