Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Good news, people. I've just received the following letter from Vodafone...

Originally Posted by Vodafone
Dear Mr Smith,

Further to your recent contact in regards to data Out of Bundle charging, we are writing to you to confirm that Vodafone is currently reviewing our position in regards to the cancellation of your account.

If you are eligible to cancel, the cancellation will take effect as of the beginning of October 2010.

We will be back in contact with you to confirm our position.
I'll take that as a confirmation. It'll have to be, because i've already cancelled my direct debit, and i'm not going back on this.
So, if you've tried to cancel and they've refused - don't give up!

Edit - Funnily enough, i'm typing this as I watch Vodafone's CEO give his speech at Nokia World on their website.

"Our network is no longer about just making calls, it's about entertaining our customers"

On 500mb a month? I don't think so.

Last edited by adamFsmith; 2010-09-14 at 09:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to adamFsmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by adamFsmith View Post

I'll take that as a confirmation. It'll have to be, because i've already cancelled my direct debit, and i'm not going back on this.

Edit - Funnily enough, i'm typing this as I watch Vodafone's CEO give his speech at Nokia World on their website.

"Our network is no longer about just making calls, it's about entertaining our customers"

Thanks for the update. Just written my letter and will mail it today.
I think cancelling the Direct debit is a good move if they dont respond to the letter in time.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I'm on the phone to Vodafone as I type, they're giving me a PAK code.
Which basically means i'm free!
Never been happier.

The Following User Says Thank You to adamFsmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Just looking around at what I can use once im off vodafone.

T-Mobile UK do a good sim only package. £25 a month, 900 mins, 500 texts and unlimited internet ("bolt on" you add).

Not a bad package to be on until a better handset comes out and you can sign up to a contract.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland

i think you have received the generic letter they have posted out to all who have attempted to cancel - including those who are already away!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
I'm on the phone to Vodafone as I type, they're giving me a PAK code.
Which basically means i'm free!
Never been happier.
make sure you have WRITTEN (hard copy or email) confirmation that you can leave without penalty. otherwise you may be subject to the early termination fee.

anyone can get a PAC at any time during a contract.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Look at what I found in my inbox today

Hi XXXX,

Thank you for your recent email requesting the cancellation of your account due to our out of bundle charges for data.

We have assessed your request and confirm as the charges would increase your overall bill by 10% or more you are eligible to cancel your account without penalty and retain the equipment provided for use with this agreement.

Your request has been processed and your account will be cancelled on the 30th September 2010, you will be required to make payment for all line rental and usage charges up to and including this date via your normal payment method.

Kind regards,

Simranjeet Kuar

Vodafone Customer Services

We hope you have found our Email Customer Service helpful and convenient. To contact us please click 'here'.

Thank you for being a Vodafone customer and I hope you enjoy all that Vodafone has to offer.

Vodafone has logged your email address in case it needs to contact you about other matters relating to your account. It may also be used for marketing purposes - you will soon receive an email explaining this and how you can opt out.

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lew247 View Post
How long since you sent the cancelation letter to their acceptance?
They still havent bothered replying to mine, despite 2 special delivery letters being received and lots of emails to the directors office its not around 3 weeks since they were received by Vodafone

Getting totally sick of thier bad attitude towards us
Dating back to May when I first heard about it I lodged a complaint, went back and forth about 5 times then nothing until August. Got the text saying £5 on 17 August, sent in letter, wasn't received, sent in recorded letter on 24 August that was received the next day, then sent daily emails to director's office, phoned customer services once every 3 days, recorded the calls, sent them to the director's office pointing out mistakes, really invested some effort into it. I was free by 2 September, so 9 days from my recorded letter being acknowledged.

You have to make a real nuisance of yourself to get it done so quickly though. Start recording calls and sending them to director's office, tell them you are recording them all so you can use them with a third party at a later date (I threatened to publish mine online for all to hear).

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
sent letter 2 weeks ago with no reply. pasted the letter in email and sent to directors office and to ccwebcare. directors office said they will send a letter out. webcare have replied first telling me bull, then i quoted some of the eforum. but she seems to just keep telling me to wait till i get charged.....

Stefan, you are entitled to cancel your contract without Early termination fee when your billed usage is same but the charges are different.

she also said my monthly usage wasnt the same, but its all been about 700mb to 850mb. how am going to have the exact useage every month!!! i have emailed this question back, also making note of the poor customer service data enquiry that is 2 days out of date!!

My bil would go up by around 40%, i've sent my letter in (2 weeks ago) and had acknowledgement that they have got the letter, but nothing since. I rang up customer service yesterday and he seems to believe my contract will be cancelled and my PAC code sent out but I have to wait until the letter comes through telling me exactly whats going to happen.

Telling me?? I'll tell him... I am cancelling, and i'm keeping my phone and ... thats pretty much it!!

Tags
vodafone con