Originally Posted by longcat View Post
Hm, where did you get that arg?

i really don't know what's the big issue about expecting an update for f**king flash player ? i know there was a huge discussion about this all the way the talk.maemo.org but seriously ? AN UPDATE ?

can't believe
Well, since Nokia says "sure you can have an update, if Adobe provides it", and Adobe says "sure you can have an update, if Nokia provides it", the status of the update is as clear as a binary value. Will it come? No. Why not? Because Adobe wants money for it. That's how they make money.

Adobe has an partial or complete update available and are happy to sell it to Nokia. Nokia has already bought the previous version and that's what's on the spec sheets. They won't be buying another, they have no obligation to give you more than you originally paid for, and they may even hope that Adobe decides just to release what they've made anyway.

Either way, that's hardly firmware and would more than likely be announced as a separate upgrade instead of as a firmware fix.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yeah this is my web cam photo of i'm not convinced. As requested!

hahaha yay Did i just became an apple employee? wow scored! Just got a job without trying. Thanks Volt Jobs, say thanks to your brother Steve Jobs for me too okay.
That's not you. I Can Tell It's a Shop Because of Some of the Pixels. Also, he's from Barcelona and knows nothing.

I always suspected you were here under false pretences, now you've exposed yourself in truth by falsely identifying yourself as Manuel. I understand that you expected I must have had top level inside information from Steve Jobs to discover it, but it was just down to your questionable acting skills. So, proof positive. Which ttly confirms Hara's identity.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
look at what arrived as i said that there was knock on door
Well.. I received my N8 yesterday afternoon (dark grey). I got really excited and literally locked my N900 away permanantely, until I heard that PR1.3 has officially been confirmed...

Either way, the N8 is not the same as the N900.. Something about the N900 still draws my attention over the N8.. It maybe the hardware-keyboard or the 'open-ness' of the OS...

I just think the N900 is better looking than the N8.

You know, like a natural, chubby but cute girl dressed in a nice black outfit, versus a fashion model, tall and weird looking and dressed in the weirdest dresses that money can buy.

So news about the N900 is clearly more wonderful than the N8 unboxing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
ou thats great... then I can save my money to buy a new phone... when the release come soon , the N900 will be the only nice dual boot system on this globe

Isn't the N900 already a nice dual boot system, if you install one of the bootloaders available?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I hope they decide on Burg as a boot loader

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
The Nokia Blog have received this statement from Nokia:

The Nokia N900 is used as development hardware for platform developers working with MeeGo on ARM hardware architecture. While the software from the MeeGo project runs on the Nokia N900 for development purposes, Nokia does not intend to provide a dual-boot OS option to consumers in upcoming N900 commercial software releases as we want to ensure that we provide the best possible experience designed for that device. The meego.com blog post was primarily targeted to the audience reading the blog: MeeGo developers.

Hmmmm... oh well... we'll just have to do it the difficult way then.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Finally...
some faith restored in Nokia..
didn't take much now did it?

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:
I would hope that Nokia is aware that the primary part of the audience of that blog is in fact N900 owners. I do fear they underestimate us.

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego