Posts: 40 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham - UK
goodluck with the repairs

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I thought if you're still under contact you should have the warranty within? Call the seller for details quick.

Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Well it looks like my time with the n900 has come to an end. Lesson learned is not to move heavy furniture to the dump with your n900 in your pocket.... Its a sad sad day.

Only issue now is I still have 7 months left on my contract. Anybody know how much it would be to repair looking at the pic? Guessing it would cost more than its worth and I would be as well moving on and trying to figure out which phone to replace it with, and how to get it without paying through the nose ie contents insurance claim or cashback via quidco for taking out new contract and paying the old one off....as I grudge buying another handset.

In case this is goodbye. Its been a wild and wacky ride
this is soooooooo funny

i broke my screen today as well

like i just bought a brand new n900 like forty days again to replace another broken one and now this one has broke

oh well

plenty of supply for these phones

i am considering e7 through amazon, if i am not pleased i have thirty days to exchange return

i decided to just order another n900

the additional three hundred dollars for an e7 is far from appropriate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asadkhan1988 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Manchester
My screen broke this Friday. I don't think it takes much to break them. Carphone Warehouse took one look at it and decided I must have given it a "helluva wack" (which is not the case), and told me that it'd cost £160 to repair.

Don't know whether to take my chances and send it off to Nokia (it's still under warranty) or pay the £40 to repair it myself.

Dudes,

Phones4u offered to buy me out my contract 7 months early and give me a shiny new phone. so I have handed over my n900 and decided to trust in elop and go for a wp7 phone (saw an advert for it on telly last night and Im very easily influenced). Feel a bit dirty but this is indeed goodbye....for now. Open source no more but Im digging the newness and speed of it thus far. I loved you all :P You have definetely given me some good times and I will be watching to see how CSSU and nitdroid and meego and so many other things progress.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ PARIS, FRANCE
Hi man,

Warranty 2 years for all nokia product... Go to Nokia Care....

Find shop via nokia.com

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Last year I sent mine off for black screen issue. Came back in very good condition with a new LCD without the two bright points. Bright points returned after several months but not before I let my grandson play Angry Birds on it. Believe he may have used a bit too much pressure on the display. PALCO even included a $10 gift card to cover my postage.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
In the US warranty is a single year. We have a lot of "best government money can buy" here.

Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Dudes,

Phones4u offered to buy me out my contract 7 months early and give me a shiny new phone. so I have handed over my n900 and decided to trust in elop and go for a wp7 phone (saw an advert for it on telly last night and Im very easily influenced). Feel a bit dirty but this is indeed goodbye....for now. Open source no more but Im digging the newness and speed of it thus far. I loved you all :P You have definetely given me some good times and I will be watching to see how CSSU and nitdroid and meego and so many other things progress.
You make sick.

Tags
display, repair