Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi, this thread is a complement of this wiki page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelon...d/Localization

Any discussion relating to the Localization track goes here.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki
The agenda seems to be empty, I have one proposal agenda, which is what's going to happen in Harmattan regarding i18n.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdamt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
In my opinion this workshop should concentrate in 2 aspects:

1 - How community translators must work to support for additional languages in Harmattan.

2 - What application developers cn do to get their translations contributed.

OS translations of Maemo 5 are interesting per se and also as testig for 1.

App translations in Harmattan times are interesting to explore but perhaps only after things are clear for Maemo 5 apps.

From a Nokia point of view I'm interested to know what the community needs from us. Documentation? Strings? Tools? Resources or funds to improve community tools?

About the Catalan speaking community, there hasn't been any clear interest as for yet. If you get translators and practical work for Catalan or any other language, fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Is there any people from Transifex coming? (I couldn't find it from the attendant list) There are couple of new things in Harmattan which required support from it.

Originally Posted by mdamt View Post
Is there any people from Transifex coming? (I couldn't find it from the attendant list) There are couple of new things in Harmattan which required support from it.
Hey mdamt, I am the guy responsible for Transifex. If you have something specific in your mind to discuss let me know !
Guys, sorry for the delayed response, I will try to form a list with l10n things related to Transifex.

The Following User Says Thank You to alup For This Useful Post:
Good, let's have a discussion about that in the venue and maybe it's good time to put that into the agenda?

Last edited by mdamt; 2009-12-02 at 09:30.

The result of the workshop is here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_localization

It could use another review from everybody involved. Thanks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mdamt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mdamt View Post
The result of the workshop is here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_localization

It could use another review from everybody involved. Thanks.
I just returned from Barcelona, will review it again over the weekend.
Thanks to everyone involved, I think it was a really productive session

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Sorry for the delay. I just looked through it again and I (still) think it's quite solid. Of course I'm biased, but I would say it covers almost everything we were talking about during the long weekend.

Good job and thanks to everybody! I think it was a really productive and fun time Now let's just hope we get it realized somehow. It's not a trivial task...

Oh and also thanks to Nokia for sponsoring my trip