Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by tso View Post
and the interface looked acceptably responsive even given the hardware and being software rendered.
Someone told me I forgot to enable CPU frequency governor, so maybe it is capable of being faster..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Thanks for posting. This statement from the linked thread intrigues me:

Which kernel are we stuck with - 2.6.33? What, exactly, breaks with 2.6.34 or omap tree?

Did you mistake me for talking about meego? That post was in response to someone asking for a recent kernel that boots maemo diablo... as in OS2008FE... which to my knowledge breaks with later kernels (its 2.6.21 or similar originally). I would be very glad to be wrong, but I dont think its the case.

Stskeeps:
Excellent stuff with the port . Are we just waiting for more to be released now? The code drop plus the recent day1 handset UX release is as far as we can go right? How much did you have to change from the N900 release to get it booting?

Have you thought about including (part of) tmr's patch with the n800 touchscreen driver to your meego kernel works?

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by TheHitcher View Post
Did you mistake me for talking about meego? That post was in response to someone asking for a recent kernel that boots maemo diablo... as in OS2008FE... which to my knowledge breaks with later kernels (its 2.6.21 or similar originally). I would be very glad to be wrong, but I dont think its the case.

Have you thought about including (part of) tmr's patch with the n800 touchscreen driver to your meego kernel works?
No, I understood you were talking about Diablo, which is why it interested me. The precise interest some of us have is whether it is feasible to get most of Diablo UI, and to port some of the Diablo apps to run, on top of MeeGo. For that purpose, I think it depends more on glibs in MeeGo than on whether Diablo breaks with later kernels, but I could be wrong.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
So four months later...what IS happening for the N8x0?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Well, not that I have any obligation to do anything any more, except that I don't like the fact I have devices I can't use.

* I've bootstrapped Hildon on MeeGo with working themes and the jazz and now waiting for some maemo.org members to pick up the 50000 $ bid from GNOME foundation and continue the work
* I'm currently building MeeGo for ARMv6+VFP at a self-setup server, at 500 built packages currently.
* .. and since it's 7am, I can't recall more right now.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your effort Stskeeps, every post from you gives me more hope for the n8x0's.

Is anyone else working on this?

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
* I'm currently building MeeGo for ARMv6+VFP at a self-setup server, at 500 built packages currently.
Is there anything we can do to help on this, like investigate failed builds etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Is there anything we can do to help on this, like investigate failed builds etc?
Once it's built I'll have a full overview and probably allow some people access..

So far I'm at something like 10 failed packages, so not -that- bad..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Ah, finally:

succeeded: 1083
failed: 14
unresolvable: 2
broken: 3
disabled: 2
excluded: 42

(Disabled is to avoid build loops, these are glibc and gcc)

Failed packages, some of which are simply 'out of memory'.

OpenCV failed (also fails on armv7)
WebKit failed
cmake failed
dsme failed
guile failed
libgphoto2 failed
libisofs failed
mpc failed
perl-SOAP-Lite failed
pidgin failed
qtwebkit failed
rpm-python failed
samba failed (also fails on armv7)
sysprof failed (also fails on armv7)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

Failed packages, some of which are simply 'out of memory'.

OpenCV failed (also fails on armv7)
WebKit failed
cmake failed
dsme failed
guile failed
libgphoto2 failed
libisofs failed
mpc failed
perl-SOAP-Lite failed
pidgin failed
qtwebkit failed
rpm-python failed
samba failed (also fails on armv7)
sysprof failed (also fails on armv7)
Just so I'm clear, cause I really no very little about these things, are these the packages that fail to build on armv6?