It tested out as 2400mAh for me. It would probably show up larger than that on dr_frost_dk's equipment and the >4.2V charge he does

Note that the mugen is twice as thick as the standard battery, but then again, this entire thread is about creating extra-thick N900, so you probably already knew that, right?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by finangalimin View Post
and how about the mugen battery?it's reall 2400 mAH? thanks
I would like to test it and put it on the list to compare it to the Dual Japod.

So again if anybody out there has one laying around and want to donate or lend (ship & reship) it to me that would be awesome

i don't want to buy the mugen battery because it is WAY to expensive to the homemade battery and to the normal price i get for lipo battery's

---

And i finally got the Pisen and original battery from DX and testing is in progress.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-12-30 at 13:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Pisen & original battery tested, goto page #1, post #1 for results

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
A few quick questions re battery and N900:
- is it possible for the N900 battery to suddenly fail ?
- can the N900 boot without a battery ? (powered by charger)
- would 3.46V indicate a flat battery ?
- do batteries suddenly fail (following after a full discharge)

Problem:
My N900 is about 10months old and been working well with dual-boot Maemo & Nitdroid. I left it last night downloading a slow download from Android's Marketplace over WiFi and the N900 is now failing to start

When put on charge it will pulse/vibrate, the orange LED will come on for ~30secs, then another pulse and LED will go off for ~30-seconds and keeps repeating this. The screen is grey and showing NOKIA. The power-button has no effect.

With the charger removed and after the screen has blanked completely, the power-button lights up the LED & screen to white and displaying NOKIA for ~20secsnd and then off

It also fails to boot in flash/recovery mode I believe this requires >50% charge (??).

I've purchased a new battery and external charger, but with the holidays these will be a week before delivery, and I'd welcome any advice/suggestions.

I really hope this is just a battery problem, but so sudden ?
Oh! I have previously has the USB port replaced but this feels secure and it does recognise when either the PC or charger USB cable is connected.

TIA
--
HammY

Update: I was too impatient to wait for new battery & charger. So, with the aid of rubber-bands I charged my N900 battery in my N95 phone. It still failed to boot, but it did connect in recovery/flash mode and with "flasher-3.5' I re-flashed Maemo and now have my phone back Restored from a backup and it is now happily installing/updating all the apps,

Last edited by HammY; 2011-01-01 at 19:35.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, I think batteries can effectively fail after a full discharge. No, I don't think the N900 will run with a dead battery even if it's plugged in.

I think the solution starts with a well-charged battery, which you should get when your desktop charger arrives, though it's possible you may also need to reflash depending on exactly what happened.

Good luck! I think you're on the road to recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by finangalimin View Post
anyone already use JIN DIAN 1820 Mah from Ebay by sellehk168? thank you...
I have such battery. It seems to have about the same capacity as the original Nokia battery. I don't know how consistent are those manufacturers, though.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I would like to test it and put it on the list to compare it to the Dual Japod.

So again if anybody out there has one laying around and want to donate or lend (ship & reship) it to me that would be awesome

i don't want to buy the mugen battery because it is WAY to expensive to the homemade battery and to the normal price i get for lipo battery's

---

And i finally got the Pisen and original battery from DX and testing is in progress.
isn't it much easier to ask for someone who has the mugen battery to test how many mah the battery reports on his N900?
Who would ever trust a stranger who joined this forum 2 months ago and send him his almost $100 cost battery just to test it?

Originally Posted by p900 View Post
isn't it much easier to ask for someone who has the mugen battery to test how many mah the battery reports on his N900?
Who would ever trust a stranger who joined this forum 2 months ago and send him his almost $100 cost battery just to test it?
To get a fair test on the battery it is best to test it the same way as all the others and i have already spent a lot of money for everybody in this forum so that they know once and for all which battery is the best and which battery's not to buy, you as********
I like the thrust i get from someone like you for doing battery test this for everybody, maybe i should take it down/delete this thread.

AND if you have read any battery forums you will know that the battery reporting design does not work because the value is set by a resistor in the battery circuit.
My dual japod is tested to 2700+mAh but the phone is reporting it to be 1280mAh.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-12-31 at 10:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HammY View Post
A few quick questions re battery and N900:
- is it possible for the N900 battery to suddenly fail ?
- can the N900 boot without a battery ? (powered by charger)
- would 3.46V indicate a flat battery ?
- do batteries suddenly fail (following after a full discharge)

Problem:
My N900 is about 10months old and been working well with dual-boot Maemo & Nitdroid. I left it last night downloading a slow download from Android's Marketplace over WiFi and the N900 is now failing to start

When put on charge it will pulse/vibrate, the orange LED will come on for ~30secs, then another pulse and LED will go off for ~30-seconds and keeps repeating this. The screen is grey and showing NOKIA. The power-button has no effect.

With the charger removed and after the screen has blanked completely, the power-button lights up the LED & screen to white and displaying NOKIA for ~20secsnd and then off

It also fails to boot in flash/recovery mode I believe this requires >50% charge (??).

I've purchased a new battery and external charger, but with the holidays these will be a week before delivery, and I'd welcome any advice/suggestions.

I really hope this is just a battery problem, but so sudden ?
Oh! I have previously has the USB port replaced but this feels secure and it does recognise when either the PC or charger USB cable is connected.

TIA
--
HammY
3.3V indicates a FLAT battery
again it's 3.3V !!!!!

and i have flashed my phone before with a almost flat battery, the thing is that there has to be enough power in the battery to stay alive when flashing.

anyways i would have never given almost $100 for a cellphone battery, so I don't care even if it was 5000mah
I would prefer to buy 13 japods which give 16500mah
oh yeah!!!!

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc