Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Keep your words for yourself. Some Sailfish users have bought recently 2, even 4 Jollas, for the whole family.
and when a new smartphone comes out, I'll probably give my Jolla my mother

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Keep your words for yourself. Some Sailfish users have bought recently 2, even 4 Jollas, for the whole family.
Lol. So? My point remains. You paid a heavily discounted sum from the price a couple of weeks earlier. Also, no-one forced anyone to buy one or multiple devices ... and I'm quite sure your or other people's "whole family" weren't clamouring to be bought Jollas.

I bought a second one, because there's no UK service centre .. if I had to wait a couple of weeks for a new device / repairs, I'd likely never use it again. I intend to send the first one for warranty repairs and then either sell one or both, or donate them to developers if a new device is announced.

If you like to think of yourself as a supporter of Jolla (as surely someone who would buy multiple *significantly imperfect* devices from a fledgling company would), why would you begrudge them launching a newer, better phone that could increase sales?

I'd be thrilled if it's a newer, better phone ... even if it is in the 5.5" phablet category (which I'm not a huge fan of). I'd happily get rid of both existing Jollas if it means I don't suffer the poor performance, screen and camera of the current device, or am not forced to abandon Sailfish entirely for Cyanogenmod.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2014-11-14 at 22:06.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nooooo. We don't need another jPad. I really hope they give us a competitive phone device. 6 inch jolla phone would be epic...or if it's a tablet...give it phone compatibilty. Plus, Where is the keyboard?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-14 at 22:16.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nooooo. We don't need another jPad. I really hope they give us a competitive phone device. 6 inch jolla phone would be epic...or if it's a tablet...give it phone compatibilty. Plus, Where is the keyboard?
I think as he makes clear in the post, those are some quick and dirty ideas and concepts to make Sailfish work on tablet size/class devices. If they were announcing a tablet next week, I think he'd have rather more sophisticated concepts a month ago. Also think Jolla would have been very unhappy with him posting such a 'hint' if that was the case. He explicitly states it has nothing to do with Jolla .. and if he'd been working on the UI / UX for tablets, it would have had everything to do with Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I think as he makes clear in the post, those are some quick and dirty ideas and concepts to make Sailfish work on tablet size/class devices. If they were announcing a tablet next week, I think he'd have rather more sophisticated concepts a month ago. Also think Jolla would have been very unhappy with him posting such a 'hint' if that was the case. He explicitly states it has nothing to do with Jolla .. and if he'd been working on the UI / UX for tablets, it would have had everything to do with Jolla.
I sure hope so. a tablet would be such a waste of talent, resources and material. Even the countdown would be wasted

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
jolla new smartphone of n9 size would be perfect!
i agree 100%

Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
i agree 100%
We are talking big things here. Not small things.

Also hope dirk having a BIG keyboard ready for this

Any livestream from funky or jolla at slush?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-15 at 07:36.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
I do not know why, but the logo without Jolla point looks unfinished.
There is always somebody that needs to dot the i's (and the j's)...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Different size phone => not compatible TOHs(official ones cost not cheap). That would be rude. I asked Jolla about TOH compatibility on twitter several times and on one of the first IRC meeting, and though other people were interested to know to, no one answered.
But I think if you have TOHs you need to keep up compatibility, at least for phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Different size phone => not compatible TOHs(official ones cost not cheap). That would be rude. I asked Jolla about TOH compatibility on twitter several times and on one of the first IRC meeting, and though other people were interested to know to, no one answered.
But I think if you have TOHs you need to keep up compatibility, at least for phones.
Keeping TOH compatability in future devices bring up so incredibly much restrictions on other aspects of the design that it would be downright stupid to even consider this as an option. It is impossible to please everyone, but enforcing these restrictions on themselves would prevent any possibility of moving forward.

If the design of a future model is not yet complete or certain aspects are not yet determined, they will never state anything about this. I wouldn't also.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Also hope dirk having a BIG keyboard ready for this
I can only hope that for future models I can hazz access to proto models We'll see what they come up with at Slush! Looking forward to it!

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
bulks