Hello all,

I had to reflash my N9 recently and was disappointed to find out that my WRC Live app was note restored from my backup. It also appears to be missing from the Nokia store!

Does anybody have any idea what happened to WRC Live? My search did not yield any leads...

Also, I would really appreciate it if anyone has the WRC Live .deb file and makes it available here.

Thanks!

Last edited by mubuntu; 2013-02-10 at 21:40. Reason: Alternative below...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi not too sure about WRC Live but last I read about it was that since Nokia stopped sponsoring them the app doesn't work any longer.

About your script; N9QTweak already has that or there is an automated method by minimos which is the easiest as it requires no user interaction...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi not too sure about WRC Live but last I read about it was that since Nokia stopped sponsoring them the app doesn't work any longer.

About your script; N9QTweak already has that or there is an automated method by minimos which is the easiest as it requires no user interaction...
Great! Thanks for your reply! I will wrap that into a debian package for ease of use!

UPDATE REGARDING WRC LIVE (from the developer's automated e-mail reply):

"Nokia WRC Live discontinued

As WRC 2012 is reaching the end of the season, the Nokia WRC Live service will be discontinued as well. The discontinuation applies to all Nokia WRC Live applications on Windows Phone 7, Symbian, Series 40 and Meego platforms. The service will be discontinued after the RACC Rally de Espana on the 12th of November 2012, with the existing data being accessible until the 30th of November.

We would like to thank all the users of Nokia WRC Live applications. We hope that you have enjoyed using the application. After the discontinuation, WRC news, results and related information can be found on wrc.com<http://www.wrc.com/>."

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Well, not everyone uses n9qtw or wants automated method.

So for those who didn't know: deb packages downloaded by the Nokia store app can be copied from /var/cache/apt while the installation is taking place.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Well, not everyone uses n9qtw or wants automated method.

So for those who didn't know: deb packages downloaded by the Nokia store app can be copied from /var/cache/apt while the installation is taking place.
Very true. My original post included this little script to be run manually (it was, admittedly, a bit tedious):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/aptcache-$$
cp -af /var/cache/apt/* /home/user/MyDocs/aptcache-$$/
Now, I have made a Debian package that achieves the automated backup as posted by mininos (thanks thedead1440): http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87057 . This is useful for people who don't want to enable developer mode, etc. Disable by simply uninstalling.
Attached Files
File Type: deb aptbackup-1.0.deb (1.0 KB, 64 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to mubuntu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
App does not work anyway anymore. Therefore, no point of installing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
App does not work anyway anymore. Therefore, no point of installing it.
Yeah...too bad. It was a great app!

Originally Posted by mubuntu View Post
Yeah...too bad. It was a great app!
Yes but website works ok. Little more work but also all info there. Ok live txt not working and You can not see if a car stops but thats FIAs fault like timekeeping broblems...
By the way found out that You can listen same time live rally radio too. I think i dit it with stock browser but my useragent was maybe iPhone. Firefox works too...
Good idea to have extra battery capasity awailable...

Last edited by Wallace; 2013-02-21 at 22:28.

Tags
nokia, nokia store, wrc live