Hey, (this is my first post im new)
I had a question, i just ordered my nokia n810 and it will be coming in 2 weeks, i cant wait!
The only thing is, i love watching movies online (movie6.net,watchtvsitcoms.com,etc.).
Will this internet tablet be able to play them? I no my PS3 doesn't. My PS3 only plays youtube and Google videos.
But i am just wandering if this will be different from my PS3 and my PSP and be able to play online movies/tv shows/ games. Help me if you can, thanks.

Yes and no is the simple answer.

In my experience I have been able to play TV series from sites in an external player but it stops and buffers every 30 seconds or so and becomes annoying. I tried leaving it for a while to buffer some more but it never really improved. Maybe with a better connection you might get more joy.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ New York
Yup. They both work for me on my n810!

Do you get the buffering problem?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I find that the stuff I tested on sling.com works ok. It's jumpy, but it works. I don't think you're going to arrive at a hard and fast rule here -- it depends on how much information is going out. If more information is being transmitted than the N810 can handle, you are going to get buffering or something. There are ways to optimize video, and many many threads discussing it. If you check the Maemo Wiki, you will probably find lots of good info on this.

Streaming works good for me, it may be a bit choppy but it's good for a tablet.

Alright guys thanks a lot, i cant waittttttttt

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As noted, it depends on the quality and resolution of the video you're watching. I haven't tried any TV show websites, or similar, but here's my experience:
Youtube/GVideo - pretty good, but better played in a stand-alone app, such as MyTube/Canola, since they can sometimes be a bit choppy in the browser.
Vimeo HD - not worth watching in the browser (I don't know if it's possible to download them, or if it might help to watch them locally... does anyone know?)
Various other flash video players may give you differing degrees of success. For example, the Revision3 player at http://hak5.org/ works fairly well, but there's a lot of different ones out there. Usually, if you're having trouble, see if there's a downloadable version; microB (the browser) is pretty good, but it's not always very speddy. If anyone else has any test results, let us know.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I have Ubuntu on my server at home and I run mediatomb as a UPnP streaming video server. Works just fine with my N800 with on-the-fly transcoding down to 768kbs.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
For a one-off fee of, oooh, let's say $10,000[1] I'll put VidConvert back online, with masses of resources. For life.

Or, we could just wait for the RX-51 with its oodles of OMAP3 processing power.

[1] Enough for a MacBook Air, a Sony Vaio P, an RX-51 and all the mammoth bandwidth bills.

<subliminal>Go for option 1. Show me the money.</subliminal>