Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Erfurt, Germany
what exactly did you do?

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
just reflashed my phone because it was too slow before reflashing i took backup of all things and thn reinstall the backup. while it was installing bluemaemo it gave me error conficts packages and thn i searched the forum and found a command and thn tired to install it. it got installed and now when i try to open the application it dosent work , means it just open a black window and in 5-6 sec the app gets closed and returns to desktop

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
i have just flashed my phone and thn i tried to install bluemaemo but it gave me erroe of libenia0 thn i search the solution and got it and thn it was install but now whn i am trying open the application its dosent run. it just open a blank window and thn gets closed and returns to desktop. Help me out . plz
I got the same problem error reads from xterm

Code:
 $ bluemaemo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/bluemaemo/bluemaemo", line 31, in <module>
    import edje
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>

ImportError: libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
very strange. Im using ver 3.10.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
I got the same problem error reads from xterm

Code:
 $ bluemaemo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/bluemaemo/bluemaemo", line 31, in <module>
    import edje
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>

ImportError: libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
very strange. Im using ver 3.10.
i am also getting the same problem when trying to run it from xterminal.

Originally Posted by cipper View Post
After PR1.3 bluemaemo is not working anymore: it starts and connects, but if I try to send some command (mouse or keyboard strokes) it disconnects. I have seen other people reporting this issue, is there any solution?

many thanks in advance
I have the same problem ... I get diconnected each time I try to run mouse, or keyboard.... etc

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Didn't saw the solution...
Code:
apt-get install libeet1=1.2.2+svn41533-maemo1
followed by
Code:
apt-get install bluemaemo
fixed it... ;j

THX
This also fixed the libenia0 error for me to!

Originally Posted by stingercata View Post
I have the same problem ... I get diconnected each time I try to run mouse, or keyboard.... etc
I had the same exact problem, and it was super annoying but somehow I solved it.

Every time I tried to use keyboard or mouse from the already connected PC, after a couple of seconds it would disconnect.

I don't know exactly what solved it, but from what I can remember, I did the following:

I clicked on the "local" properties of the menu, that is Settings and About.

I also waited for a couple of minutes in the main menu (the screen with the icons labeled Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad, and so on...)

At some point, I saw that the application was "minimized", like when you click on the left side button. I don't know if I did that on purpose or if after some time it minimized itself...

The thing is that after it was minimized, the application started to behave properly, for ever...

Now it always works correctly so I can't go back and test what caused it to work, but I didn't do anything else than what I just said.

Hopefully you can make it to work as well....

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I've used Salling Clicker. I don't need to Google anything. It's a 'proprietary' system. It doesn't support "both". It uses the same method of comms, just over a different transport media.

Go play in traffic.
gotta love this community...

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
@ jinnn_1989, casper27 as well as anyone else facing this problem.

I've created a dirty hack which made bluemaemo work (at least its showing the UI without useful errors). I do not know if it is the screen one is supposed to see as I don't have many bluetooth devices to play around with. Tried pairing N95-1 with errors and I don't see anything new in the main menu.

Anyway the hack is:
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libembryo-ver-svn-05.so.0.9.9 /usr/lib/libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0
What the hack does is that it would soft link an older version of libembryo as requested by bluemaemo with the later version of libembryo provided within the repositories.

It is suggested from then on that one shouldn't be running bluemaemo on screen as the program would start displaying control chars which may mess up the prompts once exited. If the prompts were messed up with the control chars, one can type in "reset" (without quotes) and ignoring however its displayed on the screen and this in theory should reset the console prompt back to normal. Failing that would require one to exit that terminal session/ssh (back to host where one can then reset the terminal from their localhost) or otherwise.

link to the screenshot of bluemaemo 0.3-10 working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Any plans on releasing BlueMaemo as the regular application download soon? Please?

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid