Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
I want to add that after using this for a few weeks, I'm VERY VERY excited about this browser. I've come to LOVE the UI too!!! Once it's become more stable (doesn't hang) and the bugs are worked out with forms, this will be my #1 browser to use on my NIT. As an added plus, i would love to see the google toolbar (or derivation of) carried over so I can access my google bookmarks!

WAITING PATIENTLY for the final 1.0 release in the meantime.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
I want to add that after using this for a few weeks, I'm VERY VERY excited about this browser. I've come to LOVE the UI too!!! Once it's become more stable (doesn't hang) and the bugs are worked out with forms, this will be my #1 browser to use on my NIT. As an added plus, i would love to see the google toolbar (or derivation of) carried over so I can access my google bookmarks!

WAITING PATIENTLY for the final 1.0 release in the meantime.
I agree on this

The Following User Says Thank You to coosbaytv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Just installed this on my N810, and i must say I'm impressed with the performance compared to previous versions. Having said that, I have these questions:

1. I gather from other posts that you can tap and hold to save any pictires or anything, but is text selection possible? And is tapping and holding and having an option to save images going to be present soon?

2. Why is it, that when I tap on a text entry field the screen zooms in? Im assuming this may be related to double tapping to zoom. Speaking of which, is there any way to disable double tapping to zoom? I prefer zooming with hardware buttons.

3. When I try to go to The New York Times mobile site, it redirects me to the full site which loads slower than hell, if at all. Im guessing that the site is not seeing it as a mobile browser possibly. How can I get it to display the mobile site?

4. Are there any plans for a task navigator bookmarks plugin for diablo?

5. Is there any way to get the tablet to open links in Firefox by default, such as there is with Tear using the browser-proxy.py script?

Hope someone can answer my questions and keep up the good work to all those involved!

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
looks like they had trouble with /opt and it I hope they can fix it it really does no good if it uses all the extra space on root partition
It' fixed now and fennec (Firefox) is optified now. I tried it with ne nightly builds.

Me on twitter

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Just installed this on my N810, and i must say I'm impressed with the performance compared to previous versions. Having said that, I have these questions:

[...]

4. Are there any plans for a task navigator bookmarks plugin for diablo?

5. Is there any way to get the tablet to open links in Firefox by default, such as there is with Tear using the browser-proxy.py script?

Hope someone can answer my questions and keep up the good work to all those involved!
You can solve 4. and 5. at once if you are using the browser-proxy.py script because the "normal" bookmarks work with the browser configurated in the pproxy-script. You simply have to use fennec instead of tear as command in the script.

I wrote an little article how to do this (Article is auto-translated tough a google service) and there is also a browser-proxy.py which works fine for me on my n800 and fennec.

HTH, jukey

Me on twitter

I clicked on the link to the changed script that uses midori and says to just change all instances of "midori" to tear or fennec. My question is, is firefox still called fennec as far as the use of the script is concerned?

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
I clicked on the link to the changed script that uses midori and says to just change all instances of "midori" to tear or fennec. My question is, is firefox still called fennec as far as the use of the script is concerned?
Yes, the firefox is called fennec in the command line and you can use the description and script in the article I linked in my previous answer.

Me on twitter

Awesome, there are only a few sites that Tear performs better on than this version of Firefox/Fennec. Two specific things I'm happy about with it are that it will let me sign in to usatoday.com so I can post comments, and that it actually will display the google voice contacts page where no other browser at all on the tablets will do. Is there any way at all to disable the tapping to zoom? This is so annoying when it zooms in and all im doing is touching a text entry field. Oh, I also forgot to mention that it seems to have a problem with some drop down menus, such as the options menu on yahoo mail.

Is there a way to make a link open in a new tab? If so, pretty please tell me. If not, are there any XUL gurus here? Because it seems that it shouldn't be that difficult to pass a web request to the "new tab" function.

Any idea on how to make it so I can view NYTimes mobile using fennec?

Closed Thread

Tags
browser, mozilla