Active Topics

Notices

I installed adblock plus via the instructions here: http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/ and am now unable to uninstall it. It stopped working correctly after PR1.1, so I want to get rid of it. Clicking the uninstall button in the add-on manager in the browser does nothing (even after restarting the browser daemon). It is not listed in the app manager, so I cannot uninstall it that method.

Any ideas? I'm sitting here with root access staring at the microb directory.

Last edited by legoman666; 2010-02-12 at 15:57.

only way to fix things is to delete all extensions in .mozila/microb/extensions/ ...

The Following User Says Thank You to jean2323 For This Useful Post:
Thanks. However even after deleting the directory {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d} in that /extensions folder, adblockplus still shows up in the addons list in the browser.

Edit: I guess it's disabled though, as it is not blocking ads. It's still in the addons list though.

Last edited by legoman666; 2010-02-12 at 15:54.

Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
only way to fix things is to delete all extensions in .mozila/microb/extensions/ ...
Your suggestion sounds rather drastical, to a newbie like me Is there really no other way to get his to behave properly?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/microb

Try this, I first did this

rm -r /home/user/.mozilla/microb

it has stopped working till i created the folder microb again, the goal is to delete everything in that folder.

taken from this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38600

Hope this work for you! This has reset all the things in my browser even my usernames and passwords, I was having a problem when I open anyphoto in flickr the page auto close it self and still the same issue! Good Luck

Edit : Uninstalled Browser Switch, Reboot, Now no more browsing problems

Last edited by q8phantom; 2010-07-22 at 13:04.