Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
Well, to each their own; I myself have the opposite problem. I wanted the phone to be bigger and heavier.

It's easier to hold, harder to forget, and just feels substantial now. And I was constantly running on low battery @1320mah, as I run heavily overclocked with lots of heavy apps, have an always on openvpn session, maintain multiple mail & IM accounts, and use my n900 a lot.

We'll see how it goes, but so far I've been running for 4h and battery's only dropped one bar.
Have you got your mugen power 2400mah battery yet? If so, your thoughts on this battery would be much appreciated.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
just again wanted to comment here, i have made a new battery mod (v 4) with 2x scud battery's, which i have tested to 1510mAh, so now my homemade battery has 600mAh more then the big mugen battery.

Price:
Mugen cover 10$
2x scud + ship 30$
--------------------------
Total 40$

in less then an hour i have the result of the dual battery, if it's 3020mAh or more.

Will post in my own thread when capacity test is complete

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Have you got your mugen power 2400mah battery yet? If so, your thoughts on this battery would be much appreciated.
Sure, got it a couple months back.

I've enabled so many functions I had disabled before (ie. multiple Skype and IM accounts, wifi searching, etc), and locked the frequency at 1.1ghz since I no longer have to worry about battery life.

Unfortunately this makes it hard to compare the two, but I can easily make it through a full day now, even with heavy, constant usage. For me, that's enough. The 1320mah would often be dead by 6pm.

When I say heavy, I mean 45 minutes of walking with bluetooth headphones + MP3s or streaming radio via HSPA, maybe 1-2h of web browsing / ssh / gpodder updates, constant openvpn connection for home network, and maybe an hour of dev work. By midnight I'm usually down to two or three bars.

If I disabled everything, I'm sure I could stay on GSM standby for 6-7 days.

I love the way the phone feels in the hand now... nice and chunky. Easy to hold. Can't forget it. Feels.. significant.

The only downside is you lose the lens cap. However, you also lose the shiny silver lens surround, which tended to introduce a blue-ish haze into photos, so pictures look better. It's pretty tough to smudge the lens in its deep well anyway.

Also, no decent carrying cases I've found yet.

Nevertheless, definitely a thumbs up. I could never go back.

Last edited by nightfire; 2011-03-06 at 09:37.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Boston, MA
I purchased a Mugen for my n810 back in April, and the battery wouldn't hold a charge. They sent me a replacement in May and that one wouldn't charge at all. They offered to send me another replacement, but I've almost spent as much on postage as I have on the battery.

I'm just trying to replace my original BP-4L. If it's not going to be a genuine Nokia battery (and I can't find a way to purchase a genuine Nokia battery from Nokia anymore), Mugen was looking good, but I'm not sure what my options are now. I'd have preferred them over some random ebay/Amazon sellers as I've gotten burned purchasing a "new" battery that turns out to be a loose, used battery that barely holds a charge.

I may try Mugen one more time though... maybe 3rd time's the charm?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have purchased several Mugen batteries for my N810 and N900 with no problems. I always use a separate charger, FWIW. I wonder if you have a hardware problem of some kind.

Edit:

You mean that if you call Nokia they won't sell you a battery for your N810?

Last edited by geneven; 2011-07-31 at 12:52.

I got a Pisen from DX for my N810. I was impressed when I measured 1500mAh from it.