Notices

I have the calendar in my N900 sync'd with Outlook through the Nokia Ovi Suite. However, for the most part, I don't want the reminders that I set for the calendar items to cause the N900 alarm to go off. How can I disable this without going into each calendar item?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
The only way I know of is to choose an empty sound file as the calendar alarm tone in the app settings. That will still cause the popup window to appear, but at least it won't make a noise.

Thanks for the suggestion.

^^Bump

Just want to see if this is still the only solution to preventing the calendar alarm to go off? I appreciate having the audible alarm go off during the day to remind me of meetings and other things, since I don't have speakers on my computer..but if we get woken up one more time at midnight for an all day event my wife will 1) Take a sledge hammer to the n900, 2) Kill me, 3) both.

It seems that a phone clever enough to stop checking for emails at night, should also be able to respect a silent mode during the same time.

If you just want the phone silent at night, why not use Alarmed (or some other similar App) to change profile automatically.

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
If you just want the phone silent at night, why not use Alarmed (or some other similar App) to change profile automatically.
I'd never heard of Alarmed, but I thought i had read that alarms go off even if the phones profile is set to silent?

More problematic is that since my last reflash I have been unable to install most applications due to dependency issues. Plus I have to do a full reflash every time my N900 turns off, so I don't really take the time to install any new software anymore.