Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Has anyone found a source for a replacement stylus.

I only had the one in my box and lost it. I am a little bemused (IE Really $%^$ed off) by the fact that Nokia will not sell them separately.

EDIT: Great news Gary has found a store in the US willing to provide the Styli in packs of 3.

Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
BREAKING NEWS.... The company that the NYC Nokia flagship store gave me the phone number to (also located in NYC), just called me back. They can order N810 replacement stylus pointers in packs of 3. The cost is $14.99 (plus tax and shipping).

The company is Jacks Place, phone# 212-486-7090. A quick Google search of the phone number on the net shows their address to be 235 E 51st St, New York, NY 10022.

So, if you need replacement parts for your Nokia N810, especially the stylus, this appears to be the place.

They're putting my order in and will contact me to arrange for shipping and paying when it arrives.
EDIT AGAIN:

Just to update everyone my styli arrived yesterday. 8 days from order. via Fed Ex.

Pretty much exactly as i would expect. 6 styli in a single press seal plastic bag. Excessively well packed in a large box full of shredded news print.

The invoice quoted at $5 per stylus plus 10 bucks shipping and tax.

I am very happy.

Last edited by HumanPenguin; 2008-07-16 at 13:32. Reason: Updating everyone.

so you lost two of them? the extra in the box and the one inside the tablet?

I never had the extra in the box.

The only indication that there should be one is a few post on here but defiantly only the one in my box.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
I never had the extra in the box.

The only indication that there should be one is a few post on here but defiantly only the one in my box.
- i have four - two came with each of my two n800s... but that doesn't help, does it? (n810 stylus is different from n800 stylus, right?)

- perhaps other n810 owners can chime in whether or not two are included in the box?

Last edited by linux_author; 2008-03-06 at 00:33.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
Two are included.. Or at least I got 2 in my box.

The Following User Says Thank You to ackbar For This Useful Post:
well, darn, that really stinks if ya dint get both of them. How long ago did you buy it? If it wasn't that long ago and you didn't register it, call and tell them there was only one in the box. I mean it's not impossible to imagine they missed a box.

Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
well, darn, that really stinks if ya dint get both of them. How long ago did you buy it? If it wasn't that long ago and you didn't register it, call and tell them there was only one in the box. I mean it's not impossible to imagine they missed a box.
Very recent from lets talk. Ill give them a call and complain.

Lets talk would require me to send the device back and get it swapped as they do not have spares around. Although they are happy to do that. I am going to have issues finding all the packaging etc now.

Posts: 157 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oxford, UK
I see that dabs claims:
What You Can Accessorise It With!

Bluetooth headsets (mono)
Navigation
Memory cards
Mobile charger DC-4
Charger adapter CA-44
FM transmitter
Stereo headphones
Extra Stylus pack
Sadly I can't see any evidence on their site that they actually have any stylus packs, but I guess someone must think they exist.

If anyone has any ideas on how to aquire a replacement stylas Id be greatful.

Currently I am using a multifuntion pen. but not having it clip into the device is annoying.

If anyone has contacts in Nokia who can ship me a few spares for a price Id be more then happy to send them the price of a beer or two for there trouble. Hech if you live in GA ill buy you lunch.