I want to advice everybody not to install this piece of software on PR1.3 until it's updated. It replaces system package with modified version marked as system-ui 1.2.24-2+0m7 which effectively makes the system unable to install new applications by breaking dependency to system-ui 1.3.2-1+0m8.

I'm investigating further now how to solve this issue.

Last edited by zlucoblij; 2012-07-04 at 17:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlucoblij For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
oh, sweety, why you created new topic for this? we solved "unable to install" loooong time ago in original unrestricted-system-ui thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
oh, sweety, why you created new topic for this? we solved "unable to install" loooong time ago in original unrestricted-system-ui thread.
maan, I was trying to find any info about that for like two hours... wel.. could someone trash this thread then?

btw still can't find it...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by zlucoblij View Post
maan, I was trying to find any info about that for like two hours... wel.. could someone trash this thread then?

btw still can't find it...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ui#post1231623

but i don't think it would help as it would say error on the conflic of sources. You need to
or incept version from pr1.3
or change the source with inception (if you do it wrong you would end up flashing device, i did)

For more info check the logs of #harmattan on freenode from yesterday and today, as few people were helped by itsnotabigtruck

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i'm talking about apt-get install -f which is fixing wrong system-ui version and installing back original.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i'm talking about apt-get install -f which is fixing wrong system-ui version and installing back original.
I've ended up solving it on my own with apt-get -f install, which fails, but leaves the package cached in /var/cache/apt, which I've then installed with inception. Next I'm going to try substitute just the executable for the modified one from the old package in open mode. I really miss this mod and this could enable them without breaking dependencies.

Thank you all anyway!

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by zlucoblij View Post
Next I'm going to try substitute just the executable for the modified one from the old package in open mode.
Let us know if it works!

So turns out open mode is not possible yet, apparently nokia haven't published source code for the new kernel, which is needed to patch and build it. Until this happens (supposedly should be matter of a week or so) I guess our only hope is the author creating a new package.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
open mode is possible and works very well:
http://maemo.cloud-7.de/HARM/N9/1.3/openmode-kernel/

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
open mode is possible and works very well:
http://maemo.cloud-7.de/HARM/N9/1.3/openmode-kernel/
You're right, found it eventually However, we don't need open mode any more, courtesy of caio2k https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw3bpktqtg....2-1%2B0m8.deb

Note that this is THE OLD binary repacked not to break dependencies. We still don't have the proper upgrade. However, seems to be working great.