mines happen after i downloaded this screen shot capture thingy and after i had restarted so it can start up on the area where there is a picture of the battery, the earth (internet connection) and that thing where it shows how bright your screen is. As i was about to say after i wanted to take a screen shot it had froze then restarted by itself then turned off. when i turned it on thats when the white screen came on.
what had happened to my nokia? did the software caused it to break?

Originally Posted by notjaykay
Anyone else get hit 2x with this issue?
Yup, I don't believe it, my second unit that is only 2 weeks is now DOA with the wsod!!!!

It would be nice for Nokia to let us know what the f--k is happening and why.

Last edited by bac522; 2006-12-21 at 00:02.

I don't know if it's related, but I do believe during my session before the wsod reboot I accidently stuck the power cord tip into the headphone jack. The unit worked fine for about a day (was in sleep when not in use) but at some point email just stopped loading messages and the web would say loading and not load. I went to shut it off and it just went dark right away (not the quick nokia logo) which lead me to believe it just crashed or shut down uncleanly. On my next boot, I had the wsod

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by weave
I don't know if it's related, but I do believe during my session before the wsod reboot I accidently stuck the power cord tip into the headphone jack. The unit worked fine for about a day (was in sleep when not in use) but at some point email just stopped loading messages and the web would say loading and not load. I went to shut it off and it just went dark right away (not the quick nokia logo) which lead me to believe it just crashed or shut down uncleanly. On my next boot, I had the wsod
This may mean the WSOD is a design defect in the power supply - though it may be coincidental, but the issues you mentioned would be indicative of such an issue. Now, how blowing out a circuit in the audio circuit causing a fail in the power supply would be a very poor design indeed ...
Te de aliis, quam alios de te suaviust fieri doctos

i feel your pain people. i've been forced to continue using my n770 with the faulty screen for almost a year. one time it was just getting a quick charge before i went out and when i disconnected the charger it just reboted and there were these horrid lines. they show mostly on blacks and very dark colours as well as flourescent, bright colours. during general video playback the lines are barely visible unless the colour is extremely dark. generally i can turn the brightness on minimum and it helps to soften the vertical lines alot.
i really wish there was a lawyer among us here to put nokia in their f***ing place.
eventhough the n770 was quite a cheap device and many would overlook the losses we have to remember that nokia made a profit off of us and something needs to be done. especially since the waranty page and the general setup for reporting such problems to nokia is incompetient.
this is robbery with conscent and nokia can't continue to go on like that

hard_rokr@hotmail.com