Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
great idea for a thread, thanks.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
What did your PDF receipt say it was for? Mine said "Limited ed. Jolla preorder number + T-Shirt"

I got the second item; still waiting for news on the first...
That's exactly what mine said. I'm waiting… (USA resident)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Round-trip from LAX to HEL, about $900, Jolla phone about $550, if 10 people paid $650 it would cover the flight and have some money left over for a reindeer burger or whatever the heck they eat over there.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Round-trip from LAX to HEL, about $900, Jolla phone about $550, if 10 people paid $650 it would cover the flight and have some money left over for a reindeer burger or whatever the heck they eat over there.
Holiday in Sweden - 2000$
From Sweden to Helsinki - 200km
Cost of gasoline in EU - absurd/priceless

come for the Jolla, stay for the girls <SwedishCheerleaders.jpg>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Any volunteer?

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
So Jolla is now on sale at shop.jolla.com to regular EU customers who didn't preorder.

On the one hand, I'm delighted for all the people at Jolla who have worked so hard to get this far...

...but on the other hand it's now quite clear that Jolla sold me a T-shirt for €40. I'm struggling to feel good about that, since that's about €25 or €30 more than I would ever want to pay for a T-shirt. Heck, even overpriced band T-shirts don't usually cost much more than €20.

Like others outside the EU, I feel that Jolla should have been a lot more upfront about this. I guess I'll just suck it up and pay full price (via an EU-based friend or relative) for a standard Jolla phone without pre-order other half.

I can live with the waste of money, and I know the pre-order other half is essentially just a collector's item, but it's the principle of the thing. I wish I could say I'm not disappointed in Jolla for taking our money and not delivering everything they were selling us, but...

Last edited by shallimus; 2013-12-19 at 17:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Same problem... Preordered 40€, but didn't get invitation for purchasing (live in Israel). Also changed my delivery address to Switzerland, but still didn't get my invitation.. Don't know what to do.. Continue waiting because on the site they said (previously only to pre-order costumers with an invitation code) or just to buy from the shop...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
I had a friend in Germany order mine last night. Waiting now for the tracking number.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Like others outside the EU, I feel that Jolla should have been a lot more upfront about this. I guess I'll just suck it up and pay full price (via an EU-based friend or relative) for a standard Jolla phone without pre-order other half.
Can't you change the Shipping Address for your pre-order, and that way not let your pre-order go to waste?

Initially the Shipping Address for my pre-order was outside of Europe, but I changed it after the fact so that I could purchase a Jolla. And hopefully FedEx will deliver my phone soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I had a friend in Germany order mine last night. Waiting now for the tracking number.
You ordered without invitation ? We need sign up to the store ? Because I can't access with my jolla.com account to the shop ?