Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Problems solved. Apparently I got double charged because I reserved one, then when I went in to pick it up they sold me a different one! So now I can just return the one I have with the LCD spots and pick up the other one I bought :-D
Oh I'm such a sucker for a happy ending.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Weeeee now I've got TWO N900s :-D:-D:-D

Aw man the camera button on the new one I got is **** on one side. I might just return both.

Wow, you're about to be hit with luck like no other at the rate your going....eventually

The camera button thing seems pretty minor, but not exactly the best thing to notice on a brand new device. I was meaning to press the power button and heard a "bad" click sound, which seems to have been the camera button. Its now a little loose on one side, seems to work ok. I'm starting to think it might be worthwhile to just return both and wait for a later production run. I really don't need a $600 that is gonna fall apart.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Problems solved. Apparently I got double charged because I reserved one, then when I went in to pick it up they sold me a different one! So now I can just return the one I have with the LCD spots and pick up the other one I bought :-D

and that's the example written in my dictionary for the word "lucky"

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Someone else was complaining that the 'click' sounds very late. I don't think mine sounds a 'click' at all on the camera button. Unless that is controlled by the 'keysounds' ... no I discover it's a 'sytem sound'. Wonder what else is going to make a noise now!

Scuse 'stream of consciousness' - dashing out!

Yeah my "click" was from the actual button itself, lol. I'm gonna sit on it today as the button still seems to work ok but the feel is weird since the left side is slightly sunken in. I'm leaning towards returning both. Plus I can probably save 50-70 bucks easy by buying from somewhere else (assuming I can even get it somewhere else before January).

Oh well. At least I got to use it for 2 weeks which is way more than a lot of people have so far, lol.

Originally Posted by toratoko View Post
Wow, you're about to be hit with luck like no other at the rate your going....eventually
Yeah maybe my 3rd N900 will do magic!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post: