Notices

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
Hi,

The past few years I've helped with a blogging application for Mac OS X in many ways and managed their community, but unfortunately the development has stalled.

Having a N800 I'm curious to discover and explore blogging from an Internet Tablet. Certainly the live online aspect of online blogging solutions, is a limitation.

Is there an offline application? So you can type an entry on the plane, train, ... and then publish it when you're on a wifi connection?

How about basic image editing? I've taken some images with the N800's built-in camera, but despite their resolution the images weigh in at 250KB. Ideally one would be able to re-save that to 30-50 KB. And do some minimal cropping and adjustments. It doesn't seem like that camera app lets you do that though.

Anyhow, I appreciate other people's experience & recommendations with / for blogging and blogging clients on the Nokia IT platform

I never actually had any inclination to blog, but when I picked up my n800 recently, I installed Maemo Wordpy, and utilized a very under-utilized hosting account to setup a blog. Within minutes, I was posting on the fly.

It allows you to edit offline and save/post when you get online as well.

Thank you, maxinflixion.

Maemo-Wordpy certainly does show promise. I hope it is still in active development, as I can see some room for improvement. For one thing it doesn't auto-remember the entry you typed. Unless I missed that. Coming from a true offline blogging client, which generates the html output ... that does seem strange. Though I guess you can type your entry, save it. Type another. Save it. Etc. Then publish them, re-open to edit etc. And you can always access it online.

Anyhow, I will explore it more. I already posted my first entry from the N800 to a little test blog on wordpress and reported my first bug

I will gladly hear from others about other solutions as well.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'd say "use Maemo-Blog" however that thing goes down more often than a 10 year old Taiwanese hooker.

Thanks. Will look at logjam.
I've had pretty good success with maemo-wordpy to create some test posts, so far.

This, announced yesterday, is super-geek: http://www.maemoapps.com/2007/10/23/...he-nokia-n810/

I haven't followed Drupal, in what seems like forever now, so it sure sparked some interest.

Last edited by icerabbit; 2007-10-24 at 13:33.

Drupal on the tablet is totally super geek! I recall seeing wordpress as a download on my N800 ... but never got it to work. Be nice to have a synced version of your site as a backup on the tablet... for drafting and even for planning ahead with updates.

I like the WordPy app and it works well for me. On the N810 I just posted directly in WordPress this am for the first time and it really worked well - even over EDGE via my phone connection. I composed in the notes app, hand coded a few links and a few other bits of markup and then pasted it in. Works fine and makes sure nothing bad happens with your connection, though you can certainly just write directly in the browser - or Google Docs even.