Notices

Originally Posted by razzvi18 View Post
i have just installed instinctiv and it works grate, it looks grate and the identify function works like a charm
It is a great player. Looks good, plays well, (if a bit sluggish with the album art). I use it myself. It's just a shame there isn't going to be any more features added like the ones we all asked for.

i know that this isn't GUI related, but musicplayer: mpd works on the n900. will mpdscribble and nmpcpp as a client work too, building them from source it should be possible to get them working..

/e: if i posted in wrong thread i'm sorry but my browsing speed is ****ed up atm.

Last edited by ngpunkt; 2011-04-12 at 09:13.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Polished, intuitive, fast, low on resources, simple but feature rich and touch optimized player?

Nope.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I must be the only person who thinks that the stock media player does a perfectly good job at music playback (I don't like EQ, and I'm not fussy about gapless playback).

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I must be the only person who thinks that the stock media player does a perfectly good job at music playback (I don't like EQ, and I'm not fussy about gapless playback).
It has no random feature. If you select random it plays the tracks in exactly the same order each and everytime. That reason alone makes it a pretty poor music player. Unfortunately all the other music players I have tried for N900 have even bigger short comings (for example mediabox not even being able to read m3u playlists).

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I must be getting old, because I've always thought that albums were created to have tracks listened to in a particular order. Can you imagine listening to Pink Floyd in random order?

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I would hold off until MohammaAG releases his replacement for the stock music player.

Nice easy GUI and plenty of usability

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I must be getting old, because I've always thought that albums were created to have tracks listened to in a particular order. Can you imagine listening to Pink Floyd in random order?
LOL, my exact reasonings. I hardly ever use random play because of all my Floyd albums. Now if someone could produce a player that could randomly pick folders and play all the songs sequentially from that folder... now you are talking

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Yes, the Audio Player is to slow and make some freeze sometimes...
And wherease others audio players, we can't :
- Have the album slide selection (like iPod's).
- The album's picture as screensaver.

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
There are a few very good players out there, but they do lack in a cool GUI. So I'm sticking with my default player for now. :/

But do check out Media Box!
same here

i wish developers would enhance the builty on version instead og making a million new players.

i like the built in version best of all players Ive tried; the gui on the thrid party releases just doesnt cut it for me.