Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Saying goodbye to the old flame (a gone-to-seed Thinkpad):
I'm sorry, so sorry. I know I have spent many hours with you, spent hundreds of dollars treating you to all the best money could buy. I have made sure you had everything you have needed in the years we have been together. I even loved you enough to load Linux instead of Windows.

I'm sorry, so sorry I do not spend as much time with you as I once did but I must be honest. I have found a new love. My new love is thinner, prettier and more fun....

I'm sorry, so sorry. I'm not trying to rub it in but this Nokia N810 does nearly everything I once needed you to do.
Read the full article.

The Following User Says Thank You to RogerS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, thats quite funny

oh, and nice to see a lady pick a N8x0 over a iphone or touch

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
The Thinkpad is still helping there, my Powerbook 12" is helping someone else

http://anidel.blogspot.com/2008/02/farewell-dear.html

I wrote this after having read the "Saying doogbye".
I felt pretty much the same way, ashamed but happy, and felt I should do the same for my beloved Mac

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
oh, and nice to see a lady pick a N8x0 over a iphone or touch
Actually it was written by Matthew Stevens, a guy who lives near me.

someone knock me over the head...

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Funny she (or "he" according to texrat, edit: now I see that it's actually signed by Matthew Stevens) complains about the 2 hours battery time of the thinkpad, since I don't get that much time out of my n800 (maybe the n810 has better power management/a bigger capacity battery).
Oh, and I don't get even an hour out of my thinkpad, so the tablet is definitely better wrt battery life.

Last edited by luca; 2008-03-02 at 19:27.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I get at least 3 hours out of my N800. I almost never plug it in; I always run on batteries, and I use it constantly. I was on a jog for almost 3 hours today, listening to mp3s on my N800, and didn't run out of batteries.

50% more than a Thinkpad is a significant amount. 300% is even more, if you adopt the 1 hr vs 3 hours comparison, depending on how you use the statistics!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I get at least 3 hours out of my N800. I almost never plug it in; I always run on batteries, and I use it constantly. I was on a jog for almost 3 hours today, listening to mp3s on my N800, and didn't run out of batteries.
Hey, probably with such a light use I'd get more than 3 hours, but heavy browsing, claws and the built-in rss reader suck a lot of power.

50% more than a Thinkpad is a significant amount. 300% is even more, if you adopt the 1 hr vs 3 hours comparison, depending on how you use the statistics!
Yes, in fact I said that the tablet is a lot better than the thinkpad (since I get less than an hour with the thinkpad), not only wrt battery life as I said before, but also the portability (though I sometimes miss my 1400x1050 screen, but not as much as I'd thought).

wifi is one nasty battery killer. and if what i read about 3G lately is what one can expect, its not much better. it seems wireless connectivity seems to be the real problem going forward...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Funny she (or "he" according to texrat, edit: now I see that it's actually signed by Matthew Stevens) complains about the 2 hours battery time of the thinkpad, since I don't get that much time out of my n800 (maybe the n810 has better power management/a bigger capacity battery).
Oh, and I don't get even an hour out of my thinkpad, so the tablet is definitely better wrt battery life.
Something's either wrong with your device, or you're measuring incorrectly. Not a single one of my (four) devices gets under 3 hours of in-use battery life, and they usually get over 5 with my typical use pattern.