Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
Don't know of any solution, but I have the exact same issue on VPN only. In fact, it has been there since native vpn client first was introduced to SFOS. Issue is there on all my Sailfish devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Don't know of any solution, but I have the exact same issue on VPN only. In fact, it has been there since native vpn client first was introduced to SFOS. Issue is there on all my Sailfish devices.
You could use the situations app to kill mobile data when wifi is connected, and switch it on when not connected to a specific SSID.
That would force the VPN to reconnect right?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yomark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yomark View Post
You could use the situations app to kill mobile data when wifi is connected, and switch it on when not connected to a specific SSID.
A good idea. Further investigation is needed though.

A different issue has been encountered: GPS positioning data is somehow still provided to applications (OSM Scout and SimScout) even when in the positioning custom settings everything is turned off and location is turned off too. Or does Sailfish just remember the last location it was allowed to detect and pipes that to any app requesting location data? This theory has not yet been tested.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Will try that during the day (dog walking several times ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Nothing new probably - just my experience...

Yesterday 16:45 left my XperiaX&SailfishX with 39% battery left. WIFI on, but no apps opened. Today morning 9:45 when I got back to my office, the phone had been switched off - battery empty.

Is it expected behaviour?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Going dead from 39% over 17 hours? On Jolla 1, that is absolutely 100% expected.
I do not know about SailX but it would not surprise me at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Please be aware that Situations can't switch or toggle the status of connections since one of the last updates (the permissions to do this as user "nemo" were removed). You need to either install the appropriate patch from Schturman for the connection you want to change from Openrepos or make a bash script, install sudo and create a sudo rule for that script (described more in detail here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...e-os-to-21126/ )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
Please be aware that Situations can't switch or toggle the status of connections since one of the last updates...
Well, partly true. Situations still can toggle mobile data at least. WiFi and bluetooth toggling are out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Nothing new probably - just my experience...

Yesterday 16:45 left my XperiaX&SailfishX with 39% battery left. WIFI on, but no apps opened. Today morning 9:45 when I got back to my office, the phone had been switched off - battery empty.

Is it expected behaviour?
Here it drains 2-4% overnight. So there seems to be something wonky with your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peperjohnny View Post
Here it drains 2-4% overnight. So there seems to be something wonky with your device.
Hmm - I enabled doubletap to wake - could it be the reason?

Is it possible to disable it temporarily for testing?

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x