Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
Yes happily take 180.

Email me at my username at gmail.

The Following User Says Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crocked View Post
Hi,

240 dollars for a new N9 seems cheap to be fair but are they genuine?

Cheers,
Crocked
Why woudn't they be? Also you have buyer protection on amazon I think. I never ordered one though. But I may do, my n900 is giving me mic problems now on top of broken usb. But you can have a look on their website. The N9 has come down a lot the last few months.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Why woudn't they be? Also you have buyer protection on amazon I think. I never ordered one though. But I may do, my n900 is giving me mic problems now on top of broken usb. But you can have a look on their website. The N9 has come down a lot the last few months.
It could be genuine of course but they won't ship to Europe directly (or at least not through amazon marketplace) so you would need to get some friend or intermediary service to send it on and if it wasn't genuine I can only assume this would be again more hassle which is why second hand route is fine for me.

I assume there is only one model so the american phones would also work in europe.

The other reason I was a bit sceptical is there are a huge number of fake N9 phones on ebay and I would imagine that there cannot be that many new phones left at this stage.

However I'm not sure if Amazon will cover marketplace in all cases which is uderstandable from a business point of view.
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/about?nodeId=6120

"We will ultimately determine material difference at our discretion."

However to be fair I've used Amazon for years and the one time there was an issue they resent it without problems but with marketplace I must say I haven't had bad experiences so far touch wood.

I had a look at the offer from wireless everything and I must admit it seems above board on first glance at least. The only strange thing is that the price is 200 dollars more on their own website. If you do go down that road it would be interesting to know if it's genuine as I have a friend who has an N9 but he said the battery is no longer what it was and he's afraid it will break when he tries to replace the battery and may consider picking up second one as a spare while they are still available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crocked For This Useful Post:
It could be genuine of course but they won't ship to Europe directly (or at least not through amazon marketplace) so you would need to get some friend or intermediary service to send it on and if it wasn't genuine I can only assume this would be again more hassle which is why second hand route is fine for me.
Some do ship to europe. Or at least they have International Shipping they say. Never ordered my self though.

I assume there is only one model so the american phones would also work in europe.
Correct. N9 was only one gsm version. Also it was not sold through american carriers, so it is safe to assume those are "international versions" (works on all networks except the rare frequencies American carriers use).

The other reason I was a bit skeptical is there are a huge number of fake N9 phones on eBay and I would imagine that there cannot be that many new phones left at this stage.
I also noticed the fake ones on eBay. But generally Amazon (marketplace) is considered safer. But I have to say not all sellers are ok, you have to be careful with the smaller shops mostly.

However I'm not sure if Amazon will cover marketplace in all cases which is understandable from a business point of view.
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/about?nodeId=6120
Hmm, I always thought it as covered. I should look in to it. Thanks for this info.
But it is too bad most rare phones and electronic devices like N9, 808 or N900 are mosty sold through Amazon marketplace and other private or small time sellers. Not through Amazon themselves or other big name shops.

I had a look at the offer from wireless everything and I must admit it seems above board on first glance at least. The only strange thing is that the price is 200 dollars more on their own website. If you do go down that road it would be interesting to know if it's genuine as I have a friend who has an N9 but he said the battery is no longer what it was and he's afraid it will break when he tries to replace the battery and may consider picking up second one as a spare while they are still available.
Why would it break? It is openable and not (supposed to be ) glued shut.

I just this weekend ordered one from a german shop. Will arrive this week I hope. I can let you know how it turns out if you want.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, selling n9