Closed Thread
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Sounds like both parties are at error here.

Thomas shouldn't have reacted as badly as he did when you pointed out his mistake (not sure how trivial it was).

Filip, I don't think you should have been so sensitive as to raise the subject so publicly.

It sounds like all this would go away if there was a simple apology. Think people need to step back a bit here.
I've raised this subject publicly as last stand, because when it was a private matter between me and a company it wasn't seriously handled. How much time had to pass for company to make any reactions and what kind of reactions it were?

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
In conflict of this sort, it is always the fault of both.

If I were part of Jolla, I would have had much difficulties to deal with this. Their reaction was maybe not the greatest and maybe a bit late but they did consider your request. But as they decided to help, you refused the discussion and thought that one message would be enough to feed the discussion (see logs of one of last community meeting).
First of all the meeting hasn't given equal chances to both sides - see this post. I've made them mediation offer on equal terms earlier, they've ignored it.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
THP ignores you. That is maybe harsh, maybe well-deserved? But why do you think Jolla can decide who is right. Plus even for professionalism, should they force THP to talk to someone?
I totally agree that they cannot force him, moreover they shouldn't. There were alternative steps to take, described in About.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
They're a small company, they can't possibly help every individual if their problem is not all that important. And yeah, there's always 2 sides to a story!
I don't care if they are small or big, companies should behave always ethically that's the first point. Second, contrary to what you believe I think that this problem is very important, as discrimination for personal reasons by a company is a crime in Finland (read about that here).

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-05-28 at 13:42.

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I'd like to remind that the texts in the blog are only one person's view about the matter... I'm always wary when disputes like this occur and the other side of the dispute gets very vocal... We've been left with "one side of the coin", so to speak..
Nothing stops the other side from expressing their views in this thread or anywhere. Also regarding the legal steps, appropriate state organs in Finland have been noticed today, so we can expect that this case will end in court.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Imho this thread should be moved to "Community" or "Off-Topic"!
Doesn't really have anything to do with Sailfish OS....

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
For those wondering about the other side and would like more information to form their own opinion on this matter.

http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...10.00.log.html- 10:27:16 and down.

This is a sad, personal case between two people that has escalated way out of any reasonable proportions. It has now spilled into TMO, too.

If you want to ask me about some of the accusations done towards me personally, you're always welcome to question me to hear my angle -- and after that you are more than welcome to either think I'm a manipulative a-hole or just somebody who cared.

I wrote my own view on the matter at https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ay/004274.html and that's pretty much repeating what's here.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure to understand. What is it the true first beginning of all of the little story ?
Is the non-answer on IRC in december ?

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
Imho this thread should be moved to "Community" or "Off-Topic"!
Doesn't really have anything to do with Sailfish OS....
It has. It's about one developer from the community wants to contribute to various parts of Sailfish OS (including Python support) and another community member makes that harder at points where he feels he can do that.

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-05-28 at 14:40.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
For those wondering about the other side and would like more information to form their own opinion on this matter.

http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...10.00.log.html- 10:27:16 and down.

This is a sad, personal case between two people that has escalated way out of any reasonable proportions. It has now spilled into TMO, too.
It's sad Carsten that you want to simplify it all to personal conflict. The problem is about company cutting off their loyal and long contributor from some parts of contribution. Regarding the meeting I've made a long response about why the meeting rules in my opinion weren't fair at all, moreover I have given response to all important accusations that were made on that meeting, including yours in a mail.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
If you want to ask me about some of the accusations done towards me personally, you're always welcome to question me to hear my angle -- and after that you are more than welcome to either think I'm a manipulative a-hole or just somebody who cared.

I wrote my own view on the matter at https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ay/004274.html and that's pretty much repeating what's here.
First off all Carsten in contrast to you, most of the time I express my opinions and show evidence openly. You tell people to contact you privately so you can easily tell lies about me and I don't have chance to defend to those accusations or assumptions you present as facts. Do you think such behavior is fair? For those who read Carsten's post on sailfish-devel mailing list I recommend reading my FAQ. Also it's worth to ask questions if Carsten has any professional knowledge (appropriate studies) and experience (for example in work as a psychologist) to give arbitral verdicts what someones state is or not, if it is improving or not.

I'm seriously thinking about your motivation Carsten and why are you still denying the facts? Do you think it's really in Thomas interest? Don't you think that tolerating pathology by you and the company is correct and good for him?

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-05-28 at 14:58.

Originally Posted by titilambert View Post
I'm not sure to understand. What is it the true first beginning of all of the little story ?
Is the non-answer on IRC in december ?
Nope the story starts from blocking my e-mail account by Jolla (one of his employees) from the chance to ask technical questions to an official Jolla e-mail given in the source files (already in September 2013). Carsten Munk was aware about that fact as I've informed him. His answer was more or less:

I'm not the right person to handle complains about my coworkers.
In other words he was the first Jolla employee to ignore this problem. IRC you are talking about is just another example.

Last edited by fk_lx; 2014-05-28 at 15:04.

Closed Thread