Active Topics

Ive got it for windows, the whole QT creator package. It can create the application and deploy (as soon as PR1.2 gets off its ***** and releases itself) but can it create the full debian package within the application? Or would I have to do that through the MADDE terminal that is built-in?

I'm must say i'm interested in the same question myself, but i have a question for you though.
I was able to compile and deploy for maemo emulator, Maemo is arm based OS so it needs cross compilation on your windows machine, i used the linux tools of the maemo 5 SDK and had an Elf binary that was suitable for running on maemo , though unless i'll pack it myself it wont be packed, moreover i'm not sure how i should configure it so it will run from the application's menu of the device (hildon style)

How did you manage to deploy an application ? using QT creator ? how ?

i'm pretty sure that u'll have to use deb-src or the like to pack it, but the question of customizing it for hildon remain if you ask me...

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
While not being all that hot with debian packaging, the package itself is an archive (with the files to be installed) lumped together with a control file that gives the dependencies. That's about it.

Open a debian package in your favourite archive program (WinZip?) and look at the parts. To replicate this structure, even by hand, is not too hard.

oh right, i thought a deb file had alot more to it, because when you upload to the maemo repo using the online assistant you have to provide certain files that are produced with the tar.gz file that were the output of the packaging process (dpkg)

@telmap:

the latest QTSDK is the Qt SDK Beta. You can download the complete toolchain and IDE in one package that gets installed on a windows machine. It comes integrated with MADDE which is a cross-compilation toolkit. You can select FREMANTLE as your build target and run the app on the N900 simulator.

As for deploying, it is possible, because its done through SSH. I set up the connection to my N900 within the program also, it uses MADDE as the middle man between windows and Maemo. the app i compiled was transferred to the bin directory, however, it was not able to run because PR1.2 is not released yet, and that it is the lowest version that is compatible with the new QT apps, If you DO try to deploy and run on your N900, QT Creator with throw a segmentation fault.

QT SDK Package Here

Hi,

Originally Posted by Jaso333 View Post
Ive got it for windows, the whole QT creator package. It can create the application and deploy (as soon as PR1.2 gets off its ***** and releases itself) but can it create the full debian package within the application? Or would I have to do that through the MADDE terminal that is built-in?
there is no UI in place for creating debian-packages in QtCreator. But there is a good guide on packaging and an extension on how to prepare your Qt application. You can use the mad terminal for it. For further specific questions, please ask.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by telmap View Post
How did you manage to deploy an application ? using QT creator ? how ?
Please find instructions here.

Daniel