Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Hello guys,
I personally think that the keyboard design of the N9 is not nice, it needs a new one, I have tried F2thaK's FDB theme, but it only changes the color of the keyboard, I want a keyboard like SwiftKey 3 Keyboard on NITDroid but a free one, please someone try to develop a mod/app for this, I don't want to push on anyone, I know that some people will find this useless, if no one can do it, it's alright, I am just sharing my opinion here
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
You don't like Swype?

Originally Posted by recluse View Post
You don't like Swype?
No it's not easy to work with, I'm a fast typer and the layout just isn't nice, the letters are just too close to each other, if you notice SwiftKey 3 Keyboard on NITDroid, it's just awesome, I just hope someone develops something similar to it with an auto-correction setting...

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

I want themed keyboard as well. The standard one is not very nice looking but it is the most comfortable virtual keyboard I have ever used.

I don't want to use swipe as I never swype to type! And it doesn't have the haptic feedback of the original keyboard which I can't be without after using it.

So yeah. A clean theme for our keyboard would be super!

Finally, an agreement!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I (think) Ive added some haptic feedback to the Swype VKB... When I have time I will try to add more.

I have been hoping there is an easy way to just replace the stock keyboard images but I believe there isn't one as far as I know. Basically it's just the background of the keys that would need to be changed. I assume there's just three images or something for all the keys.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I (think) Ive added some haptic feedback to the Swype VKB...
It has always had haptic feedback as far as I know. Just not the comfortable double haptic feedback of the original keyboard. In your theme it has the single haptic feedback it always had for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I (think) Ive added some haptic feedback to the Swype VKB... When I have time I will try to add more.
I didn't understand what you said exactly, I'm 13 :P I don't know what does this mean

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Ive added extra haptic feedback in my theme.