Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi to all.
Like you know, we can install Google Play & Services from chemist explanation: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-kk-on-tablet/
I did it and Store working perfectly, but it have one problem (for me at least). I also created installer for quick installation with latest Store (6.2.13) and latest Services that compatible with 4.4.4 for tablet (x86) - (8.4.89_+_2428711-070), but still have a problem.

1. After reboot or lipstick restart both icons (store and services) disappear from desktop. And it's not only icons, both files "com.android.vending-1.apk" and "com.google.android.gms-1.apk" disappeared from /opt/alien/data/app and I just need to reinstall them...
Until problem will be solved, I created another package to automate installation process... Script checking every 1 min if "com.android.vending-1.apk" exist and if not, script will install both files again.

2. I installed 2 app "Google" for voice search and "Google Maps". From both apps icons not appeared on desktop, even the Store show me "Installed". I created icons manually like I have on the phone. Maps working, but sometimes it show popup window with message "Unfortunately Services stop working", but maps still working. And VoiceSearch not recognize Hebrew and also always crashed with same message, doesn't matter what language you use for search. It show result for a second and after this crashed.

Someone know how to fix problem with disappearing store & services after reboot/lipstick restart ? And maybe also second question ?
Thanks

UPDATE - 10.03.16
After installation it taken a few seconds and both packages was updated to the last compatible versions.
After this I could restarting aliendalvik and packages not disappeared any more
Conclusions:
1. We need use old packages and just wait for update.
2. We can't use updated packages as a first installer like on Jolla Phone for example, even if it completely compatible with our Tablet.
End of story

Last edited by Schturman; 2016-03-10 at 00:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I have the same problem with the disappearing Play Store icon and the not even appearing icons of installed apps.

Also, I have the Amazon for Tablet app installed, whose icon is available, but does not start with that icon. I have to launch it via Play Store, and then it runs without problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
never had such problems with store apps, for me only aliexpress icon not showing because of some resources parsing error.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Had not rebooted my Tablet since last reinstall of Google apk's... Will report this evening if it happens again...

BTW is there any way to change the language of the Google Services? Play Store and chrome are stuck at english and all other apps defaults to english :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
never had such problems with store apps, for me only aliexpress icon not showing because of some resources parsing error.
I have the same symptom with the aliexpress app. I found an app - 'System app safe remover' (available on aptoide) which lets me run it. Do you have any better workarounds?

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I have the same symptom with the aliexpress app. I found an app - 'System app safe remover' (available on aptoide) which lets me run it. Do you have any better workarounds?
Yeah i just manually created desktop file for it using icon provided by Ancelad

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I have several apps that don't create icons - the official Twitter client is one, another is Minecraft. I'm currently running them through ES File Manager, since I don't use them very often.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Coderus, can you give me any tip what to do/check with store? Why it disappeared from desktop (/opt/alien/data/app) ?
Maybe remove some files from any specific folders and reinstall it again ?
Thanks

it shouldn't be in /data/app anyway, it's system application and should be placed in priv-app