Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Don't forget the NEC keyset for the next update

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
Don't forget the NEC keyset for the next update
Oops; I forgot to mention that the new NEC keyset (projector keyset 3) was added in the most recent Pierogi update. However, I still think it is not supposed to be the keyset for the V260 projector... I'll take another look around.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
The Microsoft Remote mode 1 works perfectly with the NUC dn2820fykh ... so I think you could duplicate or create a link to it and call it something like Openelec or NUC
If it's duplicated it would probably more appropriate to call it Kodi/XBMC since that's what is ultimately processing the IR. I've been using MCE keyset for a while to control a Zotac zbox running XBMC, it works pretty well, except that the IR doesn't switch on the box (this particular zbox apparently uses separate IR codes for on and off.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
I'm using very often and with great satisfaction the lg tv keyset 1 with a lg smarttv of 2013. Most of keys are working correctly but the media tab with all the play/pause/stop functions is missing and no one of the other lg keysets contains working media functions.

Do you have any other lg keyset that contains the media functions?

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Do you have any other lg keyset that contains the media functions?
Could you try out the LG TV Keyset 1c? That one seems to support the most recent LG TVs (such as 3D TVs), and does map the media controls to new values...

EDIT: Ack! I should read more carefully; you're right, the media panel is completely missing from the LG TV keysets. Let me fix that...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Ok, version 1.1.42 of Pierogi is now making its way up to Extras-Devel, with the only change being the addition of media controls to the LG TV keysets. Sorry about missing that! (Please do give me a kick if you find other stuff missing or broken or such, I'm trying to get back up to speed on my various apps...)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus ... please, don't be sorry. You are a monster!

Media buttons are working perfectly!
Now, if i can ask, while looking at the same keyset there are a few other buttons missing.
First of all Applications/Smart app (the MENU button opens only the settings menu and there is no other way to access media player, applications or recordings)
Rewind, Fast forward and then BACK button is very useful inside menus where exit button closes everything.

I don't know if i'm asking too much and if you have the codes for such buttons... but take your time, there is no hurry.

Anyway... thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
First of all Applications/Smart app (the MENU button opens only the settings menu and there is no other way to access media player, applications or recordings)
Ok, I have found a "my apps" control, which I think is what you need. My biggest problem here is that this seems to be a button unique to LG's TVs. I've been hoping to make Pierogi as universal as possible, so it can be a bit tough to squeeze in some of these less common controls. But even if I don't manage to find a good way to get it into an existing panel, I should at least make it available via the Macros panel... I'll see what I can do.

Rewind, Fast forward and then BACK button is very useful inside menus where exit button closes everything.
Hmm. What functions are Rewind and Fast forward being used for inside of menus? (Is it something like a page up / page down function?) As to the back button, I see that I've managed to get confused -- older LG TVs appear to have only an "Exit" button, whereas newer ones have renamed that control "Back", and created an entirely new "Exit" button. I guess I missed the fact that the old control was still being used, but in a new way; I thought they had just moved the Exit command to a new value. I'll figure something out.

I have to admit, there is still a lot of room left on the Menu panel to add new buttons; I was trying to keep it as simple as possible, to make using the menu controls easier, but I can certainly see adding more controls to support more navigation options...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
ping on NEC

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
ping on NEC
I haven't seen any new NEC projector config files floating around, but I'll take another look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control