Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
What is so hard to implement that?...

w00t?
Why is it so hard for you to understand? They have to focus on important stuff first! Means make core stable.

However seems they plan it in update 5. But I hope they prioritize other important stuff first. since there is more stuff that still need to get solved. Such as the known issue list theyr published with 4.

Also Qt5.2 and more libs allowed on harbour is way more important than MMS because more libs means more apps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Still no luck! I'll shoot over an email to Jolla to see what they say
...or try IRC freenode.net channel: #sailfishos

if not have any client use web:

https://webchat.freenode.net/

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Too late....already in progress here
A little update on my own post. I did update to the latest version of Sailfish without disabling anything from Warehouse. The update seems to have gone well though. I haven't noticed any issues yet.

Can something be broken even though I haven't noticed?

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
You can see them working on MMS feature here:
https://github.com/nemomobile/mms-engine
That also means those complaining about it should contribute! Since must of us dont care in thinks Jolla has way more important stuff to prioritize for endusers like more api on harbour...

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Can they actually just straight out use the harmattan UI concept? You would think Nokia/MS understandably would not just give it away. I mean the UI is still in use on AshaOS.

I agree with other statements here that notifications screen thingie is just not used anywhere near to its potential and I would certainly rather just access it like on harmattan. I don't think I'm the only one that especially on the early days when they got the phone forgot the whole thing existed.
Right now I think they better disable feedscreen because right now it just unusable and annoying

But I agree its probadly cause of MicroNokia...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Right now I think they better disable feedscreen because right now it just unusable and annoying .
Hmm.. Am I missing something? Are you talking about Sailfish? Is there a feed screen?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
No but there is rhe notifications screen, which looks like it will be the feed screen and a less than useful lock screen. The lock screen has no date, no customisation and no battery level, I am hoping that gets a major overhaul too.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by latency View Post
A little update on my own post. I did update to the latest version of Sailfish without disabling anything from Warehouse. The update seems to have gone well though. I haven't noticed any issues yet.

Can something be broken even though I haven't noticed?
I believe the main package that was causing problems was removed pretty quickly, and it was only certain repos that gave problems anyway. If it looks like the update went fine, it probably did.

Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
I believe the main package that was causing problems was removed pretty quickly, and it was only certain repos that gave problems anyway. If it looks like the update went fine, it probably did.
Thanks for the reply. Jolla Store and Warehouse seems to work well and the phone is fluid so I guess it all went fine

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Why is it so hard for you to understand? They have to focus on important stuff first! Means make core stable.
I understand... - Core is allready stable and when J is not more beta then "normal people" is watching only "...what can I do with J.?"

However seems they plan it in update 5. But I hope they prioritize other important stuff first. since there is more stuff that still need to get solved. Such as the known issue list theyr published with 4.
MMS is important for "normal people" and company image. And it is nice to know that is coming "soon" (tm).

Also Qt5.2 and more libs allowed on harbour is way more important than MMS because more libs means more apps.
This could be the main reason for delay...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"