Notices

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
It would be great if that place can have battery and cell-signal icons [somehow], I have already managed to remove/hide the Status menu. What do you say?
is it possible to write anything above time , battery ?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
What about the theme? Transtech, have you managed to do something yet?
You should work something out by analyzing the other themes.
about widgets: @Aapo: there are some .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/hildon-home. You should be able to work something out

Projects no longer actively developed: here

theme with widget
desktop activity can do it

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by ravent-n900 View Post
theme with widget
desktop activity can do it
Normal theme, not a desktop activity. Installing this under MyDocs is a really pain in the ***, and it should be made a theme such as humanity-theme, or harmattan-theme.
We can symlink some dirs from other themes. This way we could also easily provide many maemeemo-themes (yours, transtechs, add wpaper set)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Ruma, Serbia
It would be great if that place can have battery and cell-signal icons [somehow], I have already managed to remove/hide the Status menu. What do you say?
Remove or hide?
Can You tell how?
If we can remove status bar, then nothing could reset QBW position and we can use them..? (this is a statement/question)

However, there is a usability and features of status bar that we need somehow then incorporate in a different way. e.g. various notifications - wifi, gprs/edge/3g, headphones jacked in, HAM, bluetooth notifications, share via service, availability and in the end - accessing a status menu (but the last one is minor in solving). I would like to see it stripped UP, but not to loose UX on an account of preety UI.

Originally Posted by thesuperblue View Post
Remove or hide?
Can You tell how?
If we can remove status bar, then nothing could reset QBW position and we can use them..? (this is a statement/question)

However, there is a usability and features of status bar that we need somehow then incorporate in a different way. e.g. various notifications - wifi, gprs/edge/3g, headphones jacked in, HAM, bluetooth notifications, share via service, availability and in the end - accessing a status menu (but the last one is minor in solving). I would like to see it stripped UP, but not to loose UX on an account of preety UI.
I can hide the status-bar but not totally remove it from that position. [i.e. by removing and modding some of the icons [although silent, bluetooth and wifi, etc. icons still appear respectively], hiding clock using advance clock plugin and setting the network name and shadow to black color using custom-operator-name]

So, finally the result is the status menu is totally hidden. but pressing on the status-menu area will open status-menu.

And as you can see, the status menu is just hidden and not removed, but the qbw still cannot be placed there at the top...

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
What about the theme? Transtech, have you managed to do something yet?
You should work something out by analyzing the other themes.
about widgets: @Aapo: there are some .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/hildon-home. You should be able to work something out

I'm working on it... but the progress is slow and I'm still unable to show much about it here... will inform you by the end of the week...
o.k i'll see other themes for help as per your advice.

Originally Posted by ravent-n900 View Post
is it possible to write anything above time , battery ?
if we can utilize the [operator-name] area and make a new program/control-panel-applet [the hard way], i think we can do it, but its just an assumption... But as far as I know its hard and cannot be done...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You can count me in the Maemeemo crowd.

Installation was easy, though the Wiki page says that App shortcut size should be at 100. Mine is set at 96 and can't be changed. It is greyed out, along with bookmark size.I'm using the N900.
Install Theme-customizer ~v.63, and set it.. [the easy way]..

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-04-15 at 15:52.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

Install Theme-customizer ~v.63, and set it.. [the easy way]..
Done; I used .65 because I saw instructions for installing it with apt-get first.

Just FYI: I can't easily use the Maemeemo backgrounds completely because I use the Homescreen Selector widget on every view page for quick transportation to my nine screens, and that works best with backgrounds that uniquely show functions on the page (for example, background on the page with camera functions is a big camera). My non-MaeMeeMo specific background seems to work fine, though.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-04-15 at 20:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thesuperblue View Post
@ronald122789 got a solution for You. Just ran on a same problem during some experimenting. Came accross to this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74980&page=71

So, the solution for You is not to set portrait_wallpaper to true, but to false instead. So:
gconftool-2 --set /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool false
should do the trick for You.
Will try to get wallpapers rotating and I'll come back with some news
Greets and Good luck!
still no luck on getting it work...

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Ruma, Serbia
Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
still no luck on getting it work...

You do know You need to reboot after setting it to false?

@thesuperblue
can you make 4 images for landscape (bluebubble)?

Tags
maemeemo